15.

Abhishek got up from his bed, dragging himself to the door, he was just at the verge of falling asleep when his doorbell rang. Who could it be this late and in this weather?

He yawned, opening the door, all the sleep leaving his head as he saw Mayank on the door, drenched from head to toe, his hair sticking to his forehead and water dripping down his body.

"Oh, my God, Mayank, what are you doing here in this weather?" Abhishek asked, shocked, "Look at you, completely drenched. You'll get sick,"

"Abhi, I have to tell you something," Mayank muttered, breath heavy because of having to run here. Their apartments were not that far but running here in this heavy rain would definitely be difficult.

"God, come inside first," Abhishek glared at him, pulling him inside before closing the door.

"Okay, now listen to me," Mayank said, desperation and eagerness seeping through his voice.

"No, you need to change first," Abhishek shook his head, "You're definitely getting sick otherwise," He said, grabbing Mayank's hand and dragging him towards his room.

Mayank held him back, gripping his shoulders, "Abhishek, listen to me, please,"

Abhishek furrowed his brows, Mayank used his full name, whatever it is, it definitely must be serious then. Sighing, he mumbled, "Fine, speak,"

Mayank took a deep breath, staring straight into Abhishek's eyes, the beautiful eyes of the beautiful man he's in love with as he finally uttered those words, "I love you, Abhishek,"

Abhishek's eyes widened slightly, "What?!" He exclaimed, he had always known that Mayank likes him but love, it was too strong of a word.

"I love you, Abhi, so so much," Mayank smiled as he held his hand against Abhishek's cheek, he always knew that what he felt for Abhishek wasn't just mere liking, it was something more deep and profound, it was love. Love. And in all honesty saying these three words felt liberating. It was so very freeing, like a heavy bag was lifted off his chest and he could finally breath again.

"Maybe I have for a really long time, perhaps from the very moment I saw you. Not to be cheesy but I feel like I can conquer anything as long as I have you with me, as long as I have your hand in mine. You are my strength, comfort, joy, everything. You are love for me, Abhishek," Mayank muttered, his fingers tracing patterns on Abhishek's face who leaned into the touch, his eyes never leaving Mayank's, though they were turning a little misty.

"Pata nahi ye kab hau par ab meri har dua mein bas tu hi tu hai, tere bina saans bhi lena mushkil ho gya hai, bahut bahut pyaar karta hu main tujhse," He heaved through a shaky whisper, his own eyes turning teary as the overwhelming emotions inside of him threatened to swallow him whole, but Abhishek's touch on his hand as the latter held his hand on his own face grounded him.

Abhishek chuckled weakly, probably so he wouldn't burst into sobs, "Are you serious? You ran to my house in this brutal rain so you could tell me this?" He asked, his voice breaking at the end. His heart felt as full as his eyes, threatening to leak along his cheek, just like his heart was threatening to burst out of his chest.

"Life doesn't give chances at a love like you again and again, so I had to grab it before it was too late," Mayank smiled, his teary eyes never leaving Abhishek's, even for a second even as his vision was getting a bit blurry.

Abhishek chuckled again, wiping away the tear that leaked along his cheek before he grabbed Mayank's collar and slammed his lips onto his in a searing hot kiss, tearing leaking across both of their cheeks. Mayank's eyes widened, all the bulbs in his head lighting up, he was sure his heart probably, no definitely stopped working.