Epilogue (1/2)

Shubman's eyes fluttered open, immediately meeting the sight of Ishan already looking at him with a soft smile, both of them wrapped in the warm, cozy blanket and each other's embrace, that was actually more cozy than any blanket. The room was still kind of dark, but enough sunlight seeping through the window for them to see each  other. Even though dark but still warm and comfortable, more than anything else, probably because of the love radiating from both of them. 

“Hii, baby.” Ishan whispered softly, reaching out his hand to hold Shubman's face, the touch felt warm against his skin, just like how his heart feels whenever in Ishan's presence. 

“Hey.” Shubman whispered back, his lips spreading apart in a lazy grin, eyes sleepy but still completely focused on Ishan's, his heart feeling all fuzzy because of the love in them. 

“Good morning, Meri Jaan.” Ishan said quietly, the smile never leaving his face as he softly caressed Shubman's face. 

“Good morning.” Shubman replied, wearing the same drunk -drunk in love- smile as Ishan. “How long have you been staring at me?” 

“Um, not long.” Ishan mumbled, pretending to think. “Around an hour, I guess.” 

“Oh, my God, Ish, seriously?!” Shubman shook his head, chuckling, his smile widening even as he tried to suppress it. He could feel the colour rising in his face, his heart doing cartwheels inside his chest. 

“You gotta appreciate the beauty whenever you can.” Ishan mumbled in a matter of fact tone, shrugging a bit. 

Shubman rolled his eyes playfully, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. “Well, you could've woken me up.” He mumbled, about to get up but Ishan pulled him back on the bed. 

“Lay back down, sweetheart.” Ishan mumbled, snuggling closer to Shubman and closing his eyes. “We're not getting up already.” 

Shubman smiled, also wrapping his arms around Ishan again, running his fingers through his hair softly. 

Ishan was almost about to fall asleep again when Shubman spoke. “Do you not have to go to work or something? No classes today?”

Ishan blinked, raising his head and giving Shubman an incredulous look. “Are you serious, Gill? I got married yesterday, why would I go to work?” 

Shubman chuckled nervously, his mouth forming an ‘O’ before his brain lit up with a silly idea. He immediately sat up straight causing Ishan's head to abruptly fall back on the pillow. 

“Ah, what now?” Ishan grumbled, rubbing his head as he shot Shubman a glare. 

“Well, Ishan, you got married and you didn't even invite me.” Shubman sighed dramatically, shaking his head in mock disappointment. “Forget inviting, you didn't even tell me. You hurt me, Ishan, so much.” 

“Oh God.” Ishan let out a small laugh, half amused and half exasperated. 

“I didn't expect that from you, Ish.” Shubman said, wiping away fake tears for extra effect. “Also, I thought you loved me. Guess that was all a lie.” 

Ishan chuckled, sitting up and deciding to play along with him. He took Shubman's hands in his, faking a solemn expression that seemed to be quite a job. He was already having a hard time controlling his laugh. “I do love you, Shubman but.” He paused, heaving a deep sigh. “But I love him more. His smile, his dimples, his eyes, everything took my heart away at the first glance. He's my soulmate, had been in every life of mine I'm sure. Our hearts were always destined to be together. He makes me feel so loved, it was only fair that I marry him.” 

Shubman was already looking at him with a big smile, even as he was visibly trying to suppress it but falling completely. “Well, does your husband,” he emphasized on the ‘husband,’ making air quotes with his fingers, “know about me?”