18.

Ishan rang the doorbell to his friend's apartment, waiting for the door to be opened. Soon enough Abhishek opened the door, smiling wide upon seeing him.

“Come, we were just waiting for you,” Abhishek smiled, letting him inside the house. 

“Am I late?” Ishan asked, getting inside, “Shubman's already here?” 

“You aren't late,” Abhishek replied, passing him a water bottle, “But yeah, your sweetheart's already here,” 

“Where?” Ishan asked, taking a sip from the bottle before putting it down.

“Oh, in the guest room, he slipped some coffee on himself so I told him he could have a shower until you come,” Abhishek replied, flopping down onto the couch. 

Ishan nodded before shuffling through his bag to get his iPad out, “Here, I thought of some ideas, check them out, I'll be back,” He mumbled, forwarding his iPad to Abhishek. 

“Okay,” Abhishek nodded as Ishan walked towards the guest room to see Shubman. What, don't blame him, he missed Shubman and can't wait to see him, why does it matter that they had just met yesterday.

He reached the guest room, pushing open the door since it wasn't locked after knocking once. He stopped in his steps, his breath hitching in his throat as his gaze fell on Shubman. The man was standing in front of the mirror, drying his hair with a towel. Well, that wasn't the problem, the problem was that he also only had a towel wrapped around his waist, his upper body visible for Ishan's eyes to feast. 

Shubman looked at him through the mirror, appearing a bit surprised but he didn't turn back even though his hand stopped drying his hair, his eyes locking with Ishan's through the mirror with such intensity that it made Ishan's heart thud in his chest loudly. 

Ishan's mouth instantly ran dry at the sight, he knew he shouldn't but he couldn't stop his eyes from trailing all over Shubman's body. His hair was still damp, clinging to his forehead. Water droplets emerged from his locks, tracing a path down his face to his neck, then his chest, his torso before disappearing into the towel. Some stubbornly cling to his lips, his Adam apple, his chest and almost every single part of his body. Is it weird that Ishan somehow felt jealous of these water droplets? 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Shubman mumbled, his voice just a mere whisper, so low that Ishan would've almost missed it if it wasn't for the absolute pin drop silence in the room, such a silence that they could hear each other's breathing that were getting more and more heavy with every passing second. 

“Like what?” Ishan smiled as he walked towards Shubman. 

Shubman let out a shaky breath, finally turning to face him.

“Like what, Meri Jaan?” Ishan repeated in a low voice, placing his hand on Shubman's bare waist. Shubman's breath hitched at the touch, his hands fisting tightly. 

“Like I want to grab your hair, pull you closer and do some unimaginable things to you? Am I looking at you like that?” Ishan asked with a soft chuckle, his voice just a seductive whisper. Shubman knew he was referring to one of their old conversations.

“Yea- yeah,” Shubman mumbled, his heart thudding loudly in his chest. Ishan's deep velvety voice and his burning touch on Shubman's bare waist almost had the latter weak in his knees.

Ishan smiled, dragging his index finger on Shubman's face, wiping away the water droplets clinging to his lips, his eyes full of raw desire, “Well, maybe because I do,” 

“Huh?” Shubman mumbled, probably not even hearing what he said as his gaze was too fixated on the man's lips, his eyes seemed hazy, like in a drunken daze.