prolouge

TODAY wasn't intended to stay beautiful; it turned out ugly within hours. The warm Texas heat had beaten down among my fair skin through the window of my bedroom. Storm clouds pulled to the north indicating a storm nearing the area. There was little things I hated, but out of anything I could hate it would be Texas. I hated the hot summers, the way everyone in town was stuck to there own guns, and most of all the hole this town left me in after momma's passing.
     I was taught hate was too powerful to come into the mind of someone still, but this time around I think I knew what I felt. Being here made me feel all alone, but I had no reason to leave where I stayed.

     I guess I was wrong. My father wanted to leave, and where ever he went I went with. I didn't want to feel alone, so skipping town was my best option for turning a new leaf. Packing up and leaving was the hardest. I was raised in the little farm house just off the outskirts of town, and leaving this place felt like it was taking a piece of me.

I wondered who would get this home brand new. What once was one man's junk is a new man's prize. I wondered if they would find the markings of where I counted each foot I grew every year up until I was thirteen, or the porch swing that creaked and grated with every swing, and to the dying tulips me and mom planted a month before she passed. That was five months ago.

All those memories are in the past now, and the past can never be regained once again. Hoping into dad's pick up, we drove off out of the road long drive way. Five months I wanted to leave this town and here was my chance, I might as well take it.