chapter four - buck's party

ᥫ᭡。

ᥫ᭡。

AFTER I left the Curtis brother's house Dallas was hot on my trail. I believe I was too angry to cry tears, so I just kept walking. "Janet" Dallas called, but I ignored any chance of him trying to raise my attention.
     "So what huh? This is what I get for trying to look out for you!?" He yelled. If ignoring me in front of his friends and giving me dirty looks was "looking out for me" that was a really peculiar way to show it. Yet, Dallas Winston was a peculiar person.

I thought back to what my dad said; How I'm a smart girl. Dallas sure knew how to make me feel opposite, and that was one thing for certain. I continued to ignore him, and by this point you'd think he would give up.
     "Ignoring me doesn't mean I'm going to leave you alone." I turned to him finally just to try and tell him off again.
  "And if you don't leave me alone I'll call the cops." He snickered, laughing loudly that it startled me enough to finally stop walking.
     "So call them then, really I want to see this."

     "Just leave me alone. I mean it." I finally cried, the hot tears spilling down my cold cheeks.
     "What would you tell them when they get here anyway, hm?" I don't think Dallas could stand to watch me cry anyways, he was so cold you could have sworn he was already dead. I was sure there was more to him than what was already observed, there had to be.

     I felt alone, although there he stood just inches apart from me. He looked down on me, as if I was a sad puppy dog who had been lectured.
     "Do you know how much easier this would have been if you just listened to me for a second?" He paused and sighed, placing his hand on my shoulder.
  "I don't know if being around us is the best decision. I couldn't bring myself to brining you to a party." I looked up to him, still very angry at him.

     "I'm old enough to know what's good for me and what's not. Dallas, I'm going to that party." I could tell there was more he wanted to say, more he wanted to scold me on but he ceased to even begin.
     "Then let's go" he dragged my body close to his as we walked back to the house to hitch a ride in the back of Darry's old pickup truck.

     The moment the truck began to drive I had realized just how silly everything between Dallas and I was. It came as a surprise when in that very second the thought crossed my mind, he apologized.
     "I'm sorry, I don't say it often but this time I am." I just nodded. Saying sorry meant more to me than just saying it. The word sorry usually means "I won't do it again." So I really hoped Dallas wouldn't try doing something like that again, but there were no promises with Dallas.

     Before walking into Buck's, Dallas pulled me aside for a second.
     "If you wanna leave, let me know, doll." I nodded and began to make my way inside, up until he stopped me again.
     "No repeats of last night either." He paused.
     "Well...don't start any trouble without me at least" He smirked and I laughed.
   "Trouble? Me? Im too innocent for that, Dally!" I said sarcastically, trying my best to show I wasn't always so serious. I had quite the playful side. I just hoped I wasn't doing too much to lighten the mood from previous events.