Chapter Sixteen

After what Antony has done, your parents returned home and saw what happened.

Your father dialed the emergency number, relaying the horrifying information to the police while your mother cradled you, offering what comfort she could. 

All you remember feeling at that moment is shock and disturbance, yes, in the movie, Jennifer dies.

But this is the first time someone gets killed in front of you because of you.

Adam mentioned that the characters would be possessive.

But he didn't mention anything about them killing for you.

You could easily have said that Antony saved you from Jen but again.

Antony is now demonic, so it's better that he gets locked up.

But right now, you need Adam to explain what is going on with the system.

Did he update it?

Or

Did it get hacked?

The lattrr makes more sense.

With awful dread, you picked up the transportation device, feeling the cool metallic surface encase your fingers.

You needed answers, and Adam was the only person who could provide them.

Glancing at the door, making sure no one was close by, you activated the device.

What movie or show should you transport to next?  

You will think about it when you are sure that you are actually dealing with Adam.

However, right now, you pull out the brooch with the secret camera inside it and look at it.

"Adam, if you are watching me now, there is something important I wish to tell you"

A faint beep echoed through the eerie silence of the room, the telltale sign of the device establishing a connection.

The once-still air suddenly seemed to vibrate, a testament to the transportation taking place.

In an instant, you were no longer in the house, its chaotic aftermath invisible to you.

You found yourself in a room that appeared to be part of a luxury penthouse, complete with a panoramic view of a beautiful city outside.

In the middle of the room stood a beautiful woman, in a striking suit.

The woman has brown hair and hazel eyes, her olive skin adding only to her beauty.

"Who are you?" you ask warily, eyeing the woman from head to toe.

"A best friend for life if you agree to switch the contract and be my experimenter instead"  

You blink at her in confusion, before realizing that she is the one who hacked the system.

"How do you know Adam, is he your rival?" you inquire suspiciously.

The woman in the suit smirked, crossing her arms over her chest as she observed you.

"Adam and I used to work together, before he became... unreliable," she said, eliciting a note of condemnation in her voice.

"He's the leader in this industry, and I think it's about time for a change, and believe me, your life is in much more danger with him than with me."

You hesitated, biting your lip.

The thought of changing your contract made your heart race, but maybe this woman was offering a way out.

She seemed to read your mind, her expression softening a fraction as she extended a hand towards you.

"Think of it as an upgrade," she coaxed.

"Better worlds, fewer consequences."

You wanted to be on her side.

But again, you aren't a backstabber.

"Don't take it as an offense but I think I will stick with Adam, Ms..." you wait for her to introduce herself.

"You can call me Annalise"

"Well, Annalise, I'm sorry I can't accept your offer-"

She cuts you off with the same smile still on her face.

"It's ok, but how about I give you some time to think in the movie of..."

She trails off while thinking of where  to send you to.

"The Addams family" she finally decided.