Twenty-One

You feel the hateful gazes of your classmates directed at your back.  

Maybe this version of you in this universe has committed something bad, this must be why you are stared at like that.

There is no other reason for such hate, unless you are in a 2000's American movie where everyone hates you for being a supposed 'loser'. 

And not wanting to face Nanno's punishment, you decided to go over to him and apologize.

"I'm sorry for what I have done" you say, taking a seat beside him at the cafeteria.

Nanno turns to look at you with the spoon still in between his finger, before giving you his infamous smile.

"Why are you apologizing?"

This could be a trick question from Nanno.

Why are you thinking so much about it?

It's all because of the fact that Nanno represents karma in the series.

"I feel like I have done nothing new something bad, that is why I'm apologizing" you claim.

Nanno sets down his spoon, looking at you with his amused smile.

He leans forward, taking in the sight of you.

"You feel like you've done something bad? Even though you don't know what it is?"

Nanno questions, the corners of his mouth curling up further in a smirk.

He takes a moment to study your face, his eyes fixed on you.

"That's an interesting way to apologize, usually people apologize for specific things, but you're apologizing for the existence of something you may have done, but don't even know about."

Clearly Nanno knows about you too much, you take your lunchbox to stand up and leave, but he stops you by grabbing your hand.

"Don't worry, I won't harm you, never you"

His assurance and smile made you squirm under his gaze.

"Then why does everyone stare at me like that, Nanno?"

The son of Satan doesn't say anything, only moving his eyes in the direction of someone.

You turn your head around to see who he is staring at, only to find a handsome boy with a red ribbon tied around his wrist  

The feeling of discomfort erupted through you, when you realized that this is Yuri.

He is sitting at another table nearby, staring directly at you and Nanno with his canny smile.

"What did I do to him?" You inquire.

"Rejected him"

Nanno's cold smirk sent shivers up your spine, his knowing gaze made you feel as if he could see through your very soul.

"Rejected him?" you repeated, your heart racing in your chest.

Nanno nodded slowly, his eyes still locked on yours.

"Yes, you rejected him, or more accurately, this version of you in this reality rejected him."

You don't know what is more disturbing, Yuri's focus on achieving revenge against you.

Or the fact that Nanno knows you travel universes.

It just rubbed you in the wrong way how he knows everything about you.

That he knows that he is a character in a show.

"I can stop him if you want me to" Nanno offers.

For some reason, you are curious to what Nanno is going to do to stop him.

"I would love to see you try"