Friend or a Foe

At the tower

Ikora has forwarded the report that her warlock had sent her. She couldn't believe what she was reading. A potential hive killing hive, and worse a hive so strong that made her warlock scout feel fear. She is now heading into Zavala's office, he had summoned not only her, but Shaxx, Osiris, Saint-14 and weirdly, Drifter. Eris Morn would have made more sense but that is not important now. She is standing in front of Zavalas office, the doors open and inside is everybody.

Zavala: Greetings Ikora.

Ikora: Greetings.

Zavala: I have read the report you have sent me. Are you sure that your scout is trustworthy.

Ikora: I am, she is a capable girl, she wouldn't lie like this.

Everyone sees the seriousness in her tone, and realizing that she speaks of truth the mood becomes more of a worried. 

Osiris: If that report is true, then this is quite worrisome. Not only be the fact that there are Hive in that region, or, that there were Hive in that area, but that there is a Wizard powerful enough to cause fear in a guardian.

Everyone nods at Osiris. Drifter is pressed against a wall, with his usual grin on his face, like he is waiting to say something.

Ikora: What is it Drifter?

Drifter: Have yall read the report and paid attention to every detail on it?

Zavala: Yes we have. Are you saying that we all missed something.

Drifter lets out a snicker, almost as if mocking the other. He isn't particularly liked. but he has his uses.

Saint-14: What did we miss out?

Drifter: Relax there big fella. In the report she said that it was a male Wizard. Those are rare, and you remember the last one we had.

Zavala reads through the report once more, trying to check where it is mentioned. Ikora remembers, everyone does. 

Ikora and Osiris: Nokris.

Drifter: Bingo.

Zavala does in fact manage to spot that it is mentioned that it is a male. That is worrisome, Nokris was a threat and a half. They are rare, but more often that not turn out to be on average more powerful.

Shaxx: Such a threat on Earth would be catastrophic. Imagine what threat would he poses to the City. We must strike it down as soon as we can.

Drifter: Woah woah woah. Let's not jump straight into killin'. 

Shaxx: What do you mean by that?

Drifter: Have you ever seen a Hive murdering Hive. And especially, if the report does insinuate to it, killing the brood form which he was born.

Osiris: That is strange now that you mention it. Hive normally target other things, not their own kind. 

Zavala: What are you suggesting Drifter? To go out and talk to it?

Drifter: No, of course not. We observe him, to see. He might be like Savathun in a way, different.

Zavala looks at Ikora, she knows what he is going to ask of her. 

Ikora: I will see with the scout if she will be able to search for him and observe him.

Zavala: Good. You do that. Until further notice, everyone go back doing what you usually do. Keep this a secret, only us have to know of this. Do you get it Drifter?

Drifter: Oh, I hear you loud and clear.

With that the meeting is concluded and everyone leaves the office with a lot of questions that will have to wait. The main concern is that Drifter won't spill the secret, but Ikora hopes that he isn't that dumb to do it. It would cause an uproar and panic. Ikora goes to the hangar, Anabelle is supposed to be coming in shortly. The hangar is bristling with activity, everyone doing their jobs, if only they knew what kind of potential threat lurks on this planet.