Running away

Anabelle was sleeping, dreaming of her lost friend Skipp. It didn't feel like a dream, it felt real, but she knew that this wasn't reality, Skipp is dead. She doesn't know if she will ever forgive herself for his death. In the dream she sees him, Sordun, the Hive that is taking care of her, sitting in a field of flowers. He is surrounded by animals and flowers, as if he is whispering to them, they do not fear him, opposite of that, they are drawn to him. Even she feels strangely drawn to her, as if he is emitting a strange aura, a comforting one, he is not like any other Hive she ever met. 

As she approaches she sees in the distance the Traveler, and a spot in the distance that seems to be flying towards them at incredible speed. She hear whispers behind her and as she turns around she sees a Pyramid ship, she is sent chills down her bones. A ghost flies above Sordun, orbiting him, it looks normal until the Traveler and the Pyramid ship start to reach, each firing a beam of their energy at the ghost. The Ghost starts to spasm, it's shell becoming dark and twisted.

It forms into this dark energy and it floats above Sordun, and it blesses him with both darkness and light

It forms into this dark energy and it floats above Sordun, and it blesses him with both darkness and light. Sordun erupts into a flurry of supers, a Dawnblade, Stormcaller, even a Void warlock, and then to her shock, Stasis. What is going on? As he turns to face her, his eyes are glowing bright, as if looking straight into her soul. She starts to run away but he quickly catches up to her and grabs her with his arms. She is scared and closes her eyes hoping to wake up from this dream.

She jolts awake her eyes looking straight into Sorduns. As she looks around she sees that they aren't in their shelter but rather running away.

Sordun: Good morning Anabelle, I am sorry for waking you up.

Anabelle: Where are we going?

Sordun: Well we are currently running away. Our location seems to have been discovered and are currently being chased by a couple dozen Fallen forces.

Anabelle sees a couple Fallen in the distance running after them but Sordun is quicker and it helps that he floats and doesn't need to run over obstacles. Shots are whizzing left and right, some even hitting him, but he doesn't seem too fazed.

Anabelle: You have been shot! Are you OK?!

Sordun: Do not fret human, I have suffered more than this.

Anabelle: Why aren't you fighting back? Aren't you super strong?

Sordun: If I were to fight back, I would not be able to protect you. So I decided to run.

Anabelle: Why do you care about me so much?! Are you willing to risk your life just for me to be safe?

Sordun: Because you are a wounded bird, helpless on her own, but given enough time, wounds will heal and you will be able to defend yourself. And plus you are the first human I have ever met.

"What is this guy thinking?", she thinks to herself. Risking his life for a nobody, not even some Guardians would be like this. And what the hell does he mean a wounded bird? Is he saying that she isn't capable of doing anything now, now that she is just a normal human. She feels insulted, even her pride had taken a hit, but she knows that he is right. She is now a nobody, without her powers, she is weak, wounded she is useless, more than useless. She can't even help herself, let alone him. She hates her life now, and she doesn't have anyone to blame but herself. She can't help but start to cry, why did this have to happen to her.