Final Wish

As everyone storms the premises where the final stand with the Witness will be held there is a euphoria in the air. Adrenaline pumping, souls ready to give up their lives for the greater tomorrow. They are met with strong resistance, but they manage to land and support the fireteam. Zavala sees the nameless one and their fireteam struggling with the enemy forces. It isn't their strength, but their numbers. And that is what everyone came here, to deal with the minions and followers and let the fireteam deal with the Witness himself. Zavala aims at a Taken Knight that the Guardian hadn't noticed and shoots him in the head and then lands next to him to discuss the plan.

Zavala: Hello there fireteam. Good job. 

Guardian: Thank you, but we must not waste this chance.

Zavala: Indeed. Tell me what do you want us to do. The entire system is ready to help you out.

Guardian: We need you to just cover us and deal with the little guys. We will deal with the Witness. 

Zavala: Understood, there are six more of our strongest guardians that will help you out.

Guardian: Thank you, we need all the help we can get.

Zavala nods and looks behind him to see the forces waiting for a command.

Zavala: Listen up, our goal is to fight against the Witnesses forces while they deal with him. Many of you will die, but I will be grateful for your sacrifices.

Mithrax and Caitl step up.

Mithrax: The House of Light will fight to their last just so that the Great Machine lives.

Caitl: Every single one of my soldiers swore that they will give their life for this. It is a great honor to fall in a battle like this. Commander, let us do this. To put an end to this THING's reign.

Zavala can't help but smile, he feels grateful for the alliances that they created. He turns around, taking a deep breath.

Zavala: Let us do this. ATTACK! 

A war cry can be heard as they rush at the horde of the followers of the Witness, clashing in a battle that will be written and spoken of for centuries. A collision of Light and Dark, the final battle. A battle upon which the future depends. The fireteam looks back at the battle happening before their eyes. They would jump in there and help, but they need to seize this moment. Who knows if they will have another chance at it. They run towards the final confrontation, encountering some resistance along the way but the twelve of them crush them. After a couple moments they finally reach an open arena where the Witness is. He is vulnerable right now and each one of them takes a deep breath.

Guardian: Let's do this. If we don't make it, know that it was a pleasure fighting alongside you. 

The rest nod and they jump down into the open area, soon the enemy forces flood in. They split up as standing in one space makes them an easier target. The weight of their responsibility weighs in one their mind, like a boulder standing on their shoulder. Even if there are twelve of them, it isn't easy. The forces are strong and numerous.

With Zavala and the rest

The battle is fierce, he watches as allies and foes fall by the dozen each second. It is looking bleak, despite their optimism and euphoria they misjudged just how many enemies there would be. The Taken are the biggest problem as they just keep coming and coming, there is no end to them, like a flood, constantly feed by a strong storm. Guardians fall one by one, some manage to revive while others have their Ghosts destroyed, ending their lives forever. He hears a familiar female voice, roaring. He turns and sees Anabelle. He get's mad, everyone told her to not come here as she is not strong enough. She slides to the cover where Zavala is, shooting a couple behind the cover.