five

second chance...
day 01.5 + 02
***

"What are you doing?"

Ivan stopped, wondering if he heard Jeremiah's voice properly. His back was still to him and he questioned if he actually spoke.

Until Jeremiah turned around, looking down at him. His eyes narrowing upon him as Ivan still couldn't get used to the way he looked at him.

"What am I doing-?"

"Yes, what are you doing? Why are you still here?" Jeremiah glared at Ivan who continued to look at him in confusion. He remembered how he used to feel...remembering that if Ivan had done something like this before everything, he would've been so ecstatic.

Now just seeing him here filled him with frustration to his actions. He felt like he was only here to mess with him...to rub in his face that he just had their baby.

"I still need to speak to you. I wanted to wait until Tate was gone-."

"Tate is still here, he never left." Jeremiah interrupts him as he looked away from Ivan's stare. "I came out here because I had a feeling you were out here."

"So...you came out for me?"

"I came out to get you to go back home. You should be with Luka, not trying to ruin my life even further. Aren't you tired? Antagonizing me?" Jeremiah questioned him sharply, throwing off Ivan with his tone. "I...am trying to live my life after everything and you're still trying to fuck with me."

"No, I'm not. I'm here because I want to fix things-."

"You cannot be serious."

Ivan continued to look up at him, watching the way Jeremiah looked so upset. His hands ball up into fists as he looked at Ivan more and more.

He didn't understand what he used to like in him. Such a cruel and uncaring person. No morals attached and always trying to mess with someone's life - his life. Before it was all love for him and he cherished him with all of his heart.

Except he couldn't even look at him without feeling so...frustrated and upset.

Those words that Ivan said to him...they still tore away at him. The person he loved with all of his heart and who he knew loved him back, could say such horrible things? Say them so easily all because he became an Alpha and not him?

"Even if we get married...I will never see you as my Alpha and I will never love you."

Jeremiah couldn't understand how he could be so cruel, but that wasn't even the worst of it.

"I am. I am so serious that it's not even funny," Ivan began to smile at him despite Jeremiah's displeasure to him doing so, "I don't know what you're doing here, but I want to talk with you personally. One-on-one, away from this place. Away from Tate, because I know you're only with him because of me. I...I..."

Ivan faltered the longer he looked up at Jeremiah. Remembering the Jeremiah he once had and how much love he always had for him within his eyes.

Except the Jeremiah before him...despite it still being Jeremiah, wasn't his Jeremiah. Just the way he looked at him was like he wanted him to just disappear.

"I miss you."

Jeremiah's lips tightened together, not happy to hear that at all.

Ivan could smell the absolute anger within his pheromones and he frowned. He didn't understand why he was emitting such anger.

"Go...back home, now." Jeremiah said with a shakiness in his voice, having to clam himself down. He felt so upset by Ivan just saying that much more than he thought it would.