twenty four

"I don't even know if this'll work."

Jeremiah sat before the mirror, looking over at Ivan as he stood at the side of the bathroom door.

"All you did was sit here and...wait for your reflection to shift slightly from your own?"

"Yes."

"I don't think it'll be that simple for me." Jeremiah admitted awkwardly, facing back forward as he settled his hands on the counter. "What if he...doesn't want to speak?"

"Tell Jeremiah to stop questioning things and just do it!" Luv snapped in frustration.

Exactly Ivan just went to Jeremiah and gave him a hug. Instantly alleviating Jeremiah's anxiety to the idea as he relaxed into his arms.

Luv remained silent now as he saw Ivan pull back, staring right up into his eyes. Eyes that were just like Primus'...someone he couldn't feel still.

"I trust you. You can do this. I don't think he'll ignore you. Who could ignore someone as sweet as you?" Ivan murmured, pressing a kiss to his cheek. When he looked back at Jeremiah he saw how the way he looked at him.

It instantly had him blushing as he backed up, the both of them still looking into one another's eyes. Once he was past the doorframe, he smiled at him.

"You got this."

"Thank you, Ivan."

Ivan grinned, closing the door for him now as he quickly leaned against the wall. Ignoring his fast beating heart that beat for him, shyly and excitedly.

"You got excited over a simple interaction?" Luv mocked, but Ivan ignored him as he just hoped for the best for Jeremiah. He didn't want this to go negatively because he also knew the importance of the this as well.

Not just for Luv, but for Jeremiah as well.

Unaware of Jeremiah who stood in front of the mirror, staring on in anticipation. His heart still raced excitedly towards Ivan's kind words, and it made him want to achieve this even more.

"I don't even know what to say," He chuckled, just continuing to see himself and glancing off, "Ivan told me I can do this, so I know I can...and I want to. I hope you understand why I want to speak to you so much. I never doubted your presence...even if I don't know what I'm supposed to be feeling in regard to you. Except if you weren't alive or...there, I don't think the curse would've been alleviated. Nothing would've changed and I wouldn't feel so...different. I am certain in myself, I just want to be certain in you too. In your presence, that is. That's the only thing I'm uncertain on now."

Jeremiah pursed his lips, still seeing only himself move.

"There's no rush...just to let you know. I know you've waited for a long time so...I don't mind waiting too." Jeremiah grinned, looking back at the door as he already wanted to see Ivan again.

To have and to hold...

Unaware of the altered reflection that began to stare back at him, his eyes set upon him. He was aware of Jeremiah's want to see Ivan, sighing.

"If you want to see him, you can. You don't have to waste your time speaking with me."

Facing forward quickly, he looked on in shock to see his reflection not move with him.

"You...are alive." Jeremiah breathed, becoming excited at the sight of Primus staring right back at him in the reflection. Except he looked so...drained and almost dead inside.

He went from seeing himself, nervous and full of anticipation- to seeing Primus' reflection. Someone who looked like they didn't want to be where he was right now.