seventeen

Ivan sat at the table, staring forward blankly as Jeremiah helped Luka at the table. It had already been a few days since Jeremiah asked the Luna to remove the blessing, and Ivan felt like he was in a fever dream.

Where life was happening, but nothing more.

Jeremiah wasn't the same, but he knew that would be the case. Except he didn't expect it to change so much.

Where it went from his devotion, love, care...to now loving him at a distance and barely showing affection. The only affection given is an impartial hug. It was one of the most pathetic things he's ever done with him.

And to make matters worse, Jeremiah doesn't kiss him unless Ivan asks for it. At this point, Ivan refrains from doing so. It just felt degrading - if not embarrassing.

The way Jeremiah would look at him almost with some kind of discomfort, but love was within such a thing. Then when they'd kiss, it was the most awkward and plain thing.

He'd rather not.

The more he thought about it, he knew he deserved this. Except he began to feel like Jeremiah didn't deserve having to put up with him. Having to process all of his trauma, then looking at his abuser too?

It made Ivan feel disgusted with himself.

"So," Jeremiah smiles at Luka, nodding over at Ivan who looked between the both of them, "tell mommy what you told me last night when I gave you a bath."

Luka instantly brightened up at the idea of getting to tell Ivan the surprise, unaware of the complete sadness already over him. When he looked at him, he didn't even notice how sad he really was. He just knew he wasn't the same, and that made him sad.

"I make you a song!" Luka slammed his hands onto the table excitedly, waiting to see Ivan react in any kind of way out of excitement too. Only to watch him barely crack a grin as he nods.

Jeremiah didn't have to look at Luka to know he was getting his feelings hurt. Because Luka made Ivan the song to cheer him up. Now that he wasn't even reacting to stuff he said, he could feel Luka's pain.

He pressed his lips to Luka's cheek, seeing Luka look at him sadly as a pout began to form onto his lips. "It's okay, he wants to hear it. Sing it for him, I want to hear your cute voice too!"

Luka's pout faded some as he faced back forward, pointing at Ivan. He began to do all sorts of unique tricks with his hands as Ivan watched quietly.

He tried to show some sort of enthusiasm, but he kept seeing Jeremiah smiling at Luka and quickly glance at him. His smile fading some as he nodded for him to react more than what he was.

"Mommy sad - don't be sad! Mommy love - I love you! Me, daddy - papa too, don't be sad - we all love you!" Luka squealed, wiggling his arms around excitedly.

Except to Luka's dismay, Ivan's eyes watered up. Tears beginning to fall down his cheeks as he cried. His hands covering his face as he laid it down on the table.

Luka's excitement dwindled at seeing him cry, and within a few seconds, he was crying too. Jeremiah looked between them both fearfully because he didn't want to see them both cry.

Now their own son was becoming hurt from this.

"Ivan..." Jeremiah whispered, tapping his leg with his foot as he wasn't reacting. "Ivan why are you doing this? The song was supposed to make you-."

"Happy?!" Ivan cried out, standing up as he looked down at him angrily. Luka crying even more to seeing him upset at his daddy. "I'm...I'm..."

He stopped himself from saying how he really felt in front of Luka. Turning away sharply as he ran out of their home.