twenty

their present...
***

Jeremiah stood before Tate's house, looking down at him as he looked up at him in a panic. Mainly because he didn't want him to think that he had done anything to Ivan.

The person who was passed out in a room he was able to unlock. He stepped aside, nodding in.

"I don't smell him."

"He told me that he used as much pheromones as he could on you to make you pass out. That...he wouldn't be able to emit pheromones properly for a bit. That's why you don't smell him, but..." Tate inhaled shakily as Jeremiah was now inside and waited for him to finish. "He's unresponsive."

Jeremiah didn't say a word, looking away from him as he nodded for him to show him the way. Tate didn't hesitate to do so as he took him to the room Ivan was in.

Just when he was about to open the door, it flew open. Ivan looking right up at Jeremiah in disturb as his head whipped back onto Tate.

"How could you? I told you what I was trying to do-!"

"You were passed out in my house! I'm not trying to get in trouble!" Tate exclaimed in frustration as he saw how panicked Ivan was.

Jeremiah still remained calm, looking only at Ivan.

Ivan looked back at Jeremiah, his eyes instantly looking away from his. He could tell that he was upset, even thought he looked completely calm.

"I would like to talk to Ivan," Jeremiah tells Tate, looking down at him for a moment, "and I will do it in here."

"But-."

"But nothing." Jeremiah glares at him, Tate instantly nodding as he backed away.

Ivan became startled by the lack of kindness that came off of him. And when he began to step towards him, he backed up in an instant. Only for Jeremiah to close the door and keep his eyes locked onto his.

The silence was making Ivan more nervous, forcing an awkward smile on his face.

"I...I was only gone for less than twenty-four hours. You're making this a way bigger deal than it needed to be. I'm trying to help you and you're doing the most."

"I'm doing the most?" Jeremiah questioned him sharply, and Ivan laughed awkwardly. "What's so funny?"

"Sorry...I didn't mean to say that. You're not doing the most, but I am trying to help. You won't let me help you unless I'm gone. I was trying to disappear and you are still chasing after me. Why won't you let me help you?" Ivan asked him in frustration.

Jeremiah now came towards him, grabbing Ivan's hands. Bringing him closer to him, he pressed Ivan's hands to his face.

As Ivan watched him run his hands on his face, he looked so relaxed by them. His eyes opening to peer down at him. Only to yank him close until their faces were inches apart...still holding onto his hands that he had to his chest now.

"You could try to disappear all you wanted, but I'd just find you all over again." Jeremiah murmured, grinning when Ivan shook his head in disbelief. "I'm serious."

"I know you are, that's why I'm just...at a loss for words. I don't know why you won't let me let you go." Ivan drifted, remembering what the Luna had said. How...the Luna's who once controlled the Omegas and Alphas were inseparable.

The Alpha one...went down with him because of how bonded he was to him. That he was always going to protect him no matter what.

Even if they weren't them anymore...they once were so long ago. Now they were someone entirely different - if any different at all.