Six For Gold

I close the door and get changed. I Tyler to wait for me as I do so. Thing got me the dress ai saw earlier. I get ready. Thing helps me with the button and zipper. When I exit the room and go down the stairs I swear I can see Tyler's jaw drop.

"Thursday, you look.."

"Odd? Unrecognizable? One who dresses up just to get attention from the male gaze?"

"I was going to say beautiful." Oh. I say nothing. Why did that just make me feel good?

I see Eugene near by. I have to ditch him. I feel bad? But I do I feel needs to be done. I hope he understands. Tyler holds out his arm and I latch mine into his. When he and I enter the dance all eyes are on us.

Thornhill sees me and expresses her gratitude for me being here. I go to get Tyler and I drinks. Xavier spots and comes over to say hi. Well more like to, yet again, tell me how horrible Tyler is. He tells me about the "prank" that that he and his friends pulled Xavier being a victim.

I Tyler his drink and when he isn't looking I disappear. "Who ever invented heels undoubtedly, had a side hustle as a torturer."

Just as I put my feet up Tyler comes. "Where'd you go? I thought we were having a good time."

"We were until Xander told me about the prank you pulled." He sits down. "I was using that."

"Then use it."

I tentatively place my legs on top of his. "Why'd you do it?" I ignore the blush on his cheeks from the contact.

"I wish I knew."

"If I were you I would have taken it to the next level."

"I knew there was a reason I liked you." He gets up and holds his out his hand for me do take. "May I have this dance?" I take his hand and squeeze it so he winces. I smile.

When the song comes on I begin to dance. Tyler's laughing and smiling at me the whole time. I catch Xavier glaring. Did he think I'd stop liking someone for being heartless?

As I let my solo come to an end blood starts to fall from the sky. This dance just got interesting. As more and more blood falls I put my finger in my mouth to taste it. "It's diluted paint. They couldn't even shoot for real pigs blood." Tyler nods, looking concerned for my sanity. That's my favorite expression.

As Tyler and so begin to talk some more I have a vision. It's Eugene. He's in danger. "Tyler." I look around frantically. He seems to have carried me to a hallway so no one will see me in this state.

"Thursday, what's wrong?"

"It's Eugene." He was attacked. Tyler looks at me concerned. "We need to go get him. Now!" I run out of the shook and into the woods. I go to where the cave is and there he is. On the ground bleeding out. "Tyler. Tyler help me get him up snd bring him to the school. I can't let him die."

Tyler nods and looks at me. "You care about him?"

"He reminds me of my brother. I would kill for my brother. I have killed for my brother." Tyler nods and we run back to the school.

Weems is the first one I see. "The monster. It got him."

Weems puts him in the back of her car and takes him to the hospital. "He'll be okay, Thursday. I got to go now. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

I nod and watch as the car Eugene is in disappears off into the distance. Why does he need to be so stupid? Going off into the woods alone. While there is a monster out there. And why did I allow Tyler to see me like that? What is going on with me? I must be ill. I must be going insane. I always thought going insane would be so much more fun.