Chapter 57

He seemed to be looking for something as he went through the drawers in his room as I took a seat on the bed.

"What are you looking for?" I asked

"Some files" he murmured distractedly

I hummed as I stood up and I wandered around the room to look around, I've never been in here. I saw a picture of Arfa on the bedside table and when I tell you I acted as if I was blind and I didn't see it all.

Despite that, he seemed to notice me noticing, he reluctantly picked the picture up and he pushed it into the drawers he was looking through.

I tried to hid my small smile, it was a subtle action but it showed me that he was making an effort.

I looked at his several certificates on the frames on the wall, I blinked "you have two bachelor degrees?"

He nodded as he continued to look through the drawers "I studied business administration at first, which was good since I have to run the family business, but two years after that I started having intrest in law out of nowhere so I went back for a law degree."

I turned to face him "so practically you have two jobs?" I said with a chuckle.

"Apparently" he said, still distracted.

I went back to looking at the frames, first classes on both the degrees, hats off to him. I let my fingers graze the frame containing the certificate of his masters degree, turning to look at his call to bar certificate next to it.

"You really love school" I said.

Nothing in this world will convince me to go back to school for a second degree after I'm done with this one, even the masters I don't want.

"Not really"

"Yes you do, now it's just remaining your phd" o said

"I've started that online last year."

An shiga uku.

"What were you saying about not loving school?" I said as I turned to look at him and a little smile escaped his lips.

He finally found what he was looking for and he stood up before walking up to me and standing in front of me.

"I do, maybe a little. Soran keh."

I looked at him "chab, immediately I'm done with this degree, school is never seeing my face again."

He laughed.

I smiled at him.

I don't know why I moved closer but I did,like a magnet he pulled me closer and he brought his lips to mine.

Even though I saw this coming than the first one back home it still caught me off guard.

His hand moved from my back to my face as I tried to tame the butterflies in my stomach.

"Yes Khalifa, maybe tomorrow, Muhammad Ina kakeh, munga motan ka." Mami finished saying just as she walked into the room through the open doors with Ya Khalifa tagging along behind her.