divorced and free

Hikimah's POV
I was on my way to the kitchen when I found Layla falling.I managed to catch her and bring her to her room.

I won't lie that I feel guilty for what we have done to her.She was very miserable yet she tried to manage a smile.

Hikimah:I know you might think that am selfish for saying this,but why do you stay in such a miserable marraige?
Layla: for Allah.

Hikimah: Allah wouldn't want this for you.He would want you to be happy.I know am not the right person to be saying this,but don't force yourself into something you cannot handle.When you do that you are making Allah look cruel, meanwhile he is merciful and understanding.

(I couldn't help the tears)
Hikimah:I did this to you, for my own selfish gain.Seeing your state breaks my heart,am so sorry Layla.
Layla:it doesn't matter,atleast you have realized your mistake.

Hikimah: and I will do more,I promise,let me talk to Ali,I will be back.

(I went over to Ali)
Hikimah:Ali what you are doing isn't right.She is miserable in this marraige,you need to let her go.
Ali: shutup,you are just being selfish,you just want me all to yourself.

Hikimah:why are you so selfish?
Ali:look who is talking (I couldn't help but break down in tears)
Hikimah:yes am selfish and you are too,but it doesn't mean we have to be this way.We can repent,Ali.Look what we did to her,we shattered her into a million pieces,but now we have a way to bring her back to her normal self.

I shouldn't have even said that you should let her go, that's is selfish and hypocritical of me.I should be the one leaving.I caused all this,so divorce me instead.Then maybe she will be happy again.

Ali's POV
Layla came in.
Layla:no, it's not because of me that you are going to get divorced.
Hikimah:but you are hurting.

Layla:that is why am leaving.
(I froze) I am being a hypocrite by staying.Allah said we shouldn't harm ourselves, and me staying is harming me,so it's better I leave.

Ali: please you can't leave (I said with tears in my eyes) please forgive me,I beg you Layla, please.
Layla:how I wish I could love you again Ali,but sadly my heart belongs to another.And even if it wasn't,I would very much prefer to be alone than in a marraige I don't want.

Ali: Please I can't let you go
Layla: Allah himself won't force his servant to do something he cannot,much more you a human being forcing me to be with you.You are Harming and hurting me more by making me stay,if you truly love me,you will let me go.

Ali: it's hard.
Layla:you made it that way,but you can repent.Let me go, and if you don't I will an imam who will.

Ali:there is no need for that, because I divorce you Layla.I set you free.