CHAPTER 4

LOCATION: KANG MANSION IN JAPAN.                                                                           TIME: 11.00 PM

Yeonjoo: Hey doll, happy birthday!!! I am sorry I couldn't be with you there

Katherine: Its okay mom, at least my cousins are here with me. And yea, thank you for wishing me but promise me when you return with Dadda you will spend 2 days with me. 
Felix: Promise doll, till then take care of your younger siblings.
Katherine: Okay bye Mom, Dad bye!!! Mumma called me for school. BYE!!

Katherine hung up, and Yeonjoo met Felix's grim gaze. "Looks like Amara needs to resurface," he said.

Yeonjoo scoffed. "The Kims already have the mafia world under their thumb. What's the point?"

"The point," Felix countered, his voice firm, "is what happens if you don't come back, love. They need Amara. I know it's not easy, but you'll do it for the sake of innocents. This reason enough, right?"

Yeonjoo's voice trembled. "...But the kids! I can't let them experience the same brutal childhood I had."

Felix let out a dark chuckle. "Kang Yeonjoo, afraid of Bella Genovese? Is this the same woman who reclaimed the 'business princess' title in a year, who protected her siblings from their mother? Don't mock me, Yeonjoo."

Yeonjoo stared at him, stung by his laughter. "Why are you laughing?"

Felix's expression softened. "Love, I want my Yeonjoo back. I know you're scared, but did Christ offer us the spirit of fear or bravery? Seol's death hurts, Yeonjoo, but your best friend trusts you. He needs you to be his instrument of justice, to avenge the innocent as the Bible commands."

Not getting an answer from Yeonjoo, Felix slams his fist on the table, the force rattling the plates. "The Genovese are back, Yeonjoo! Back to their old ways. They're killing innocents, trafficking girls, flooding the streets with drugs..." His voice tightens with anger. "It's happening all over again!"

Yeonjoo's face hardens. Memories flicker behind her eyes - memories of a city choked by fear, by violence. "I remember," she says, her voice low.

Felix leans forward, his gaze intense. "You changed that, Yeonjoo. When you were in power, you stopped it. You showed them that weapons alone make an empire strong. Under your rule, for four years, not a single innocent died. Don't you remember what you achieved?"

Yeonjoo stares out the window, a storm brewing in her eyes. "I remember the cost, Felix. The sleepless nights, the constant threat..."

"Yeah... you took all the risks to build the empire, despite knowing how the Genovese would react. So why are you backing off now?" asked Felix in a cold tone.

"It was different then, Felix. I was not scared because I thought death would choose me, not my sister!!! I failed that time to protect Seol, and this time I do not want to lose my kids, my siblings, appa, my friends, and you-" Yeonjoo stopped when Felix hugged her. He knew that his wife was having a panic attack. "I am sorry, love. Sorry for pushing you this far," said Felix.