CHAPTER 3

(I

Morning they bustled back into the mansion. Katherine, Lily, and Leo were having a playful morning with the newborn twins, Sierra and Max. Lee Know and Bangchan cooed over Sierra, while Karina and YN doted on Max. However, a guard's hushed message to Ms. Kang sent a flicker of worry across her face.

"Yeonjoo, dear," Ms. Kang said to Yeonjoo after breakfast, "why don't you and Felix take Shadow and Midnight to the mall for some shopping after breakfast?" Yeonjoo, confused but compliant, nodded. Everyone dispersed to their rooms.

Yeonjoo emerged from the changing room with Felix. As she reached for her hair, Felix surprised her by wrapping his arms around her waist. "Wh-what are you doing, Felix?" she stammered.

Felix pulled her closer, nuzzling his face into her neck. "Remember, we only married because of the pregnancy," he murmured, inhaling her scent. Yeonjoo's breath hitched. "F-Felix, stop... I... it's not right."

"Felix..." Yeonjoo gasped, her voice laced with a mix of shock and a flicker of something deeper. Felix, fueled by a torrent of emotions - anger, jealousy, a desperate plea for forgiveness - stopped his wife's escape with a searing kiss. Yeonjoo struggled against his hold, her heart hammering a frantic rhythm against her ribs.

Despite her defiance, a flicker of something she wouldn't admit - love? longing? - betrayed itself in her trembling form. Felix, sensing this vulnerability, poured his soul into the kiss. It was a desperate apology, a chaotic symphony of emotions two years in the making. The memory of those cruel accusations, his misplaced trust in a lie over the woman he loved, gnawed at him. He had turned his back on the woman who held his heart, a woman as precious, as pure as a reflection of the divine.

At that moment, the weight of his betrayal settled on him like a shroud. He had hurt the woman who deserved nothing but adoration, a woman cherished by the entire kingdom, a woman the King himself held dear.

Yeonjoo surrendered to the kiss, her eyes fluttering shut. It was an outpouring of emotions - anger, sadness, longing, and hurt - all woven into the embrace.

Ten minutes later, Felix pulled away, leaving Yeonjoo breathless. He savored the aftertaste, a hint of a satisfied smirk playing on his lips. Yeonjoo, flushed and flustered, met his gaze.

"Flustered suits you," Felix said with a playful grin.

"S-stop it," Yeonjoo stammered, trying to catch her breath. "It's not funny."

Felix chuckled, then surprised her with a quick peck. "More kisses, love?"

"Don't even think about it!" Yeonjoo countered, a playful glint in her eyes. "Abba would never forgive you. You know how protective he is."

Felix's smile widened. "Ah, Yeonjoo, you forget Christ brought us together. That's why we're husband and wife."

"Are we interrupting something?" A cold voice cut through the air. Yeonjoo turned to see Jennie and Yoongi standing there, expressions unreadable. She exchanged a knowing look with Felix, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Oh no," Felix muttered under his breath. "Not Bang Chan and Yoongi-hyung..."

Yeonjoo, feigning innocence, turned to Yoongi with a pout. "Oppa! This meanie over here wouldn't stop kissing me even though I said no!"

Said Yeon Joo while running into Yoongi's embrace, who now glared the hell out of Felix. Jennie looked at Yeonjoo controlling her laughter. Yeon looked outside to see Bangchan with a pink spatula and pink slippers.