Chapter 5

Leonardo's POV

1998

I finally understand the saying two under two. It's so busy this one is hungry this one needs to go to the bathroom while this one just spilled their drink. Trying to potty train too. At least Vanni is smart and has been doing an excellent job so far, but it's still new to him and he's learning. Bribing him with M&M's is working great.

"Mandy Honey, have you seen Vin's binky?" I ask after looking all over for his blanket. She has this superpower where she knows where everything is. I check somewhere nothing but when she looks it magically appears.

"Yes it's drying in the laundry room," she answers.

"Okay, Vin we gotta wait for it to dry okay," I try to reason with this one-year-old.

The first year of his life flew by but that's mainly due to the fact we were busier than usual. It went well and any bumps we hit we quickly got over. I pick Vin up and walk around the house trying to distract him so he won't cry. That's the worst part besides the messes.

"All done?" I hear Mandy ask Vanni.

"Yeah, you can turn around now. Do I get my candy?" He says.

"Wash your hands first." I watch him wash his hands as Mandy watches. She looks up into the mirror where she meets my eyes and smiles. Vanni happily bounces off the stools and into the pantry waiting for Mandy. As she passes I kiss her head telling her I love her. She returns the statement as she passes by me. I turn off the light and continue to walk around. Vanni got his candy and returned to the coloring he and Mandy were doing earlier. I look down to see Vin asleep laying his head on my shoulder. He looks so cute and peaceful. I go to our room and put him in his bed. Mandy and I have been a little behind on making his room a big boy room so he's been sleeping with us but we are hoping it's ready soon. We just have to build a few shelves and the bed then it will be ready. I go into the playroom and sit down next to Mandy who moves closer and rests half her back on my chest while we color with our son. Well, she colors I play with her hair.

 Vin wakes up and Mandy keeps the two occupied, not an easy task, while I make dinner. After dinner, we watch a movie before starting bedtime. Mandy gets the two in the bath while I get out pajamas and get their rooms ready. Vanni is out first and I dry him off get him dressed brush his hair and teeth before repeating with Vin. Once they are both ready we read two books together. Mandy takes Vin to our room while I read one more book for Vanni. We switch off each night for who puts who to sleep. I meet Mandy in Vin's room upstairs where we get started on the bed and shelves. This is my favorite time of the day. I love my kids and would do anything for them but spending time with Mandy the two of us is something I will treasure till the day I die. I'm head over heels for this girl and that will never change. We laugh and tell stories about our days falling deeper in love with each word spoken. By the end of the night, the shelf is built and decorated and the bed is built and made the last thing is moving Vin in.

We head downstairs and shower not having the patience to go one at a time. We get ready for bed and climb in and read a few chapters of our books before heading to bed.

The morning routine follows the same routine we've had since Vanni was born. I wake up work out and start on breakfast while Mandy gets the kids ready for the day. After breakfast, it varies.

"Vin we have a very special surprise," I say after we finish eating.

"Really?"

"Yeah follow us upstairs," Mandy says leading us. We get to the first door on the left and stop outside allowing him to open it to reveal his new room. His face lights up as he explores his new space which I stocked with toys from his bed downstairs this morning while he was distracted.