Chapter 26

Alessandro's POV

2023

This was supposed to be the best summer ever—my last summer in high school before I graduated. I'm so ready for that day and I know Gio is too. I was going to fight and race a lot getting adrenaline, my anger out, and making money. It was the summer to celebrate the end of school since we all needed a break after being burnt out. And I was gonna play a lot of football and hockey to make sure I'm the best I can be for my senior year, but one guy had to fuck it up. Fuck you, Elliot.

We met last summer at a house party and became quick friends. He transferred to our school in August of last year. My friend group took him in. It was fun. The parties, hanging out, and the trouble we would get into. He also played Hockey with us which was fun. I thought we would be friends for a while or at least the rest of high school, but I was wrong. He used us for popularity and worse of all he stole my girlfriend, Gracie. We dated for a little under 9 months, but I guess it meant nothing to her because she cheated on me with Elliot then she broke up with me and they were officially dating two weeks later. Okay, I don't know if she cheated for sure but there were a bunch of signs she did. 

Happy 3 months is written in cursive with a bunch of pictures on a story they both posted. God, they are so annoying posting every month. 3 months is nothing, relax and wait till you get to six months, if you can make it. Everywhere I look they are there. Making out at school, sharing food, holding hands, on social media, and in the snaps they send me. It drives me crazy. I miss Gracie she was the first girl I was really serious with. I loved her. She was understanding, pretty, easy to talk to. Hell, I knew her so well since we met in kinder garden. I never wanted anything to happen to her which I guess it didn't because I felt the pain after she broke up with me. She just went on to the next guy like a whore.

Elliot is even at the same fucking hockey camp, but I make sure to show how feel towards him as I slam him into the wall each time I can. He retaliates but has no reason to be mad he knows what he did but doesn't give a fuck.

-----

Luca and I are hanging out in my room enjoying each other company which is interrupted by my phone vibrating. I answer it without looking to see who it is.

"He fucking cheated on me!" Gracie says crying. Why is she calling me? She left me and I'm not a rebound for her.

"I'm sorry it sucks doesn't it, but you did the same thing. Now you understand my pain," I say hanging up.

"Who was that?" Luca asks.

"Gracie, Elliot cheated on her. I know she did it to me, but she doesn't deserve that no one does," I say.

"Agreed," he says going back to typing on his computer. A few minutes later he shares very shocking news. "Did you know Elliot is in the same gang Gaberial runs?"

"What?!"

"Yeah, and it looks like he has been a part of it for years I can't get an exact number but maybe six years or more."

"Now it all makes sense, he used us not only for popularity but also as an in for our mafia ever since Gio cut Gaberial off," I say. The gang just ruins friendships. Gaberial and Gio were best friends and I thought they would be till the day they died, but a few years after they graduated high school Gaberial gave in to his father and became the leader which Gio warned him about. Then he tried to steal from us which led to them having a big fight and no longer speaking to each other.