Chapter 22

Giovanni's POV

2016

I love summer so much but it's also my least favorite time of the year. It starts out great relaxing, being with friends doing stupid shit for the plot, but then it turns into boredom. Now times that by six and you understand why it's my least favorite time of year. It's hard enough to keep me entertained now I have to entertain all my brothers while balancing work too. I can't keep everyone occupied while working it's not possible to be in 20 places at once. 

The second week of summer I sent all the boys to Italy well except Vince he refused to go. I tried to get him to. Well, not that hard I could've forced him on the plane, but I would rather not force any of my brothers to do something unless it was for their safety. Vince kept saying he wanted to help me work and keep me company. As much as I wanna keep my brothers away from my work life they are bound to be a part of it soon and it was helpful to have some help. 

Their two-week vacation came to an end yesterday when everyone returned exhausted so now they are asleep giving me one more peaceful day. 

Vince and I are in the kitchen trying to brain storm ways to keep them busy. The best option would be a camp, but the twins have been kicked out of every sleepaway and most day camps they have been sent to and B doesn't like them. Unless it is sports-related, but there are only so many. Those three have a Hockey camp for the next two weeks then a week of football, but that starts in four days and I don't know how to keep them busy. 

Nico is easy to keep busy he's either reading, or doing his classes, he wants to try and get through college fast and start med school early so he's taking a few college classes this summer, or partying which Vince usually also attends. I want both of them to be teenagers and go out instead of staying home with me and running the business. They are still kids and I want to give my brothers the chance at a life I never got because of our shitty Father.

Matteo is a bit harder constantly gaming when bored. I have tried to get him to read and do more productive stuff, but he gives zero fucks. I did force him to get a job and that has helped keep him entertained while also making money. He has been playing with the twins and B when they go play outside which makes me happy. He's my screenager. 

----

"Good morning," I say to Luca and Bruno as they enter the kitchen around 10. They usually get up early, especially for kids on summer break. Nico, Vince, and I still wake up early every fucking day because we were trained to. Mat and Ale on the other hand will sleep all day so I make sure to wake them up at 11:30ish each day. 

"Mornin'," Luca says. They both make themselves a bowl of cereal and sit down on the stools at the kitchen Island where we sit.

"Any plans for today," Vince asks.

"I want to go swimming with everyone," B says. We can make that happen. Once everyone is awake and dressed for the pool we head outside and have some sandwiches at the table. After the boys finish I make sure they all put on sunscreen before they jump into the pool. I cleaned up the table and put on sunscreen before heading to the cabana with Vince. I switch between the shade and the sun. I love being tan and thanks to our Italian genes it doesn't take long for us to be tan. The boys play together jumping from the bridge and throwing balls at each other while a few tan with Vince and I. 

"Gio please get in with us," Luca begs from in front of me.

"In a bit," I say going back into reading. After a few more chapters the pool gets very quiet and I look up to see all my brothers whispering in a corner. Never trust what follows brothers planning in hushed voices.