Chapter 9

Leonardo's POV

2006

I guess one could say we are lucky. Mandy was feeling bad after giving birth to the twins. We were concerned and had no idea what was happening so we made a doctor's appointment. It turns out we have a rare case of superfetation. We got pregnant while pregnant with the twins. So without getting a moment to relax, we are repeating the pregnancy processes. It would be nice if we would've just had triplets, but the doctor said the last baby wasn't ready. I guess it's true since we don't even know the gender yet, but Mandy needs a break. 

I think we are nearing the end of kids. We have a full house I think this should be one of the last times, but at the same time, I want more. I'll talk to Mandy about it later. We sat in the room as the nurse took off her gloves. I have major deja ve right now. 

"Congrats another baby boy." I smile. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled, but I would love a baby girl. There hasn't been a little girl in my or my family's life in so long and I hate it. I would be so happy if I could give my family that gift.

After the last pregnancy, this was nothing even though she was still weak from giving birth to twins. The hardest part is raising all the kids. Luca and Alessandro are devious together and will be a force to reckon with once they are older. I swear they plan things in their mind even though they can't even sit up by themselves. 

"Dad, will the new baby be as annoying as the twins? I got no sleep last night. They cried for the whole night," Vin says to me while I make lunch in the kitchen.

"Ha, you think you got no sleep. At least you don't have to sleep next to them or try and get them to stop, but I guess our bad luck has caught up since the rest of you were all easy babies. And I think he'll be less annoying because there's only one," I tell my son.

"You think the twins are annoying you haven't met Matteo," Cole says walking into the kitchen. "He won't leave me alone. I was just trying to read my book in the library."

"I'm not annoying," Teo defends as he enters the kitchen.

"No, you're not. Cole, he just looks up to you. You should think that's cool. And if you don't see that then maybe you two need more time in the shirt together." 

"No thank you. I spend enough time with him," Cole mumbles the last part and I shrug it off too tired from last night to care.

"Your new brother will be perfect and fit right in. It's not like he'll have much choice," I chuckle. "Anyways lunch is ready," I say handing them all plates as they sit at the less formal table in the kitchen.

"What's going on in here?" Mandy asks entering looking just as tired as I feel. I told her to take a nap, but she stubbornly denied.

"Just made lunch and we were talking about our new addition to the family," I tell her placing a hand on her belly.

"Mom, do you think he'll like soccer?" Vin asks.

"Maybe he'll like football," Vanni says.

"Maybe basketball," Teo adds. 

"I'm sure he'll like one of those or all or none, but that's the exciting thing seeing which he picks," she says.

"What about the twins what will they pick?" Cole asks.

"My guess based on how they act is something aggressive with physical contact," I say joking. Well, half joking. They will play something aggressive I know it.

"We will have to wait and see," Mandy says.

"Enzo what happened to your shirt? I put one in the box for you last night," Mandy says. With this many kids figuring out outfits is hard so each weekend we plan outfits for the week and place them in the box with their designated day.