Chapter 23

Giovanni's POV

2017

The hardest month of the year is January and no one can convince me otherwise. Most of the country is depressed because the weather is so cold and skiing can only get you so far. People are trying to get back into work after the most wonderful time of the year. No one wants to they want more time off they want to be on summer break. We got home from Italy and struggled our way through the month and the start of this month with the only exciting thing being Vince's birthday.

"Okay everyone but Ale you're going with Nico and need to leave in five minutes," I tell everyone as I finish packing lunches while everyone eats. Ale and I have a doctor's appointment to hopefully find a solution to his episodes, so he can get in trouble less.

"I'm leaving and y'all better be in the car," Nico says grabbing his lunch and putting it in his backpack. He pauses looking over the keys before grabbing one and heading to the garage. Well bye to you too. The rest follow in suit with B saying bye. He's so sweet and needs to say bye to make his day go well he's the most sensitive out of all of us, but not too much. You can't really be sensitive in this family. 

"What time are you two leaving?" Vince asks.

"We will probably leave at 8:30," I say. "Do you have class this morning?"

"Yeah, my first one starts at 9." 

"Have fun. Ale do you have everything ready we will go straight to school after this," I say.

"Yep my backpack should have everything and you have my lunch."

"If I check your homework folder it's full of all complete work right?"

"Well, I was gonna do some this morning because I would go in later and I knew I would have time. Also, why did I have to wake up so early?"

"Because someone procrastinated their homework. See how your actions have consequences," I say teaching him a valuable lesson. He sighs before getting started on his homework. He finishes about ten minutes before 8:30 and goes to get dressed before coming down the stairs just on time.

"What car?" I ask giving him a chance to decide. I'm hoping if he feels in control some way this will go better.

"The red Lamborgini," he says. It's his favorite car we own at the moment. 

"Red Lamborgini it is." We drive twenty minutes to the doctor's and go inside to the front desk. The sharp smell of sterilizing fumes reaches my nose the second I enter. It threw me off guard because this wasn't the normal doctor's office it was for behavioral issues and things like that.

"Hi, I'm here for an appointment for Alessandro Giordano," I say.

"Can I have a birthday please?" The woman behind the front desk says.

"Decmeber 16th 2005."

"Thank you. Do you have your insurance card with you today?" She asks and I hand it over as she scans it.

"Alright, can you answer these questions while you wait for the doctor to come out?"

"Of course thank you," I say leading Ale towards two chairs. We sit down looking over the questions. 

Name of guardian

 Name of patient

Patient's birthday

Do you get enough sleep

do you do drugs

Do you feel anxious