Chapter 21

Giovanni's POV

2016

Just like that, my life was back to chaos. Last week Vince and Nico had their winter formal and it went well. This week Matteo has his and it's been a bit more crazy. He finally decided to ask this girl, but couldn't find a good sign idea and then when he found one he wanted to make it perfect, but after all that he has a suit and a date now we wait for Saturday or tomorrow.

----------

Matteo's POV

I woke up this morning at 10:00 and went down for breakfast. I am never taking Nico's cooking for granted again he has a gift. He wants to be a doctor, but I think he should be a chef. I told him, but he won't change his mind. One day I'll get him to. I was picking up Ellie, my date, at 4:30 so at 4 I went to get ready. I took a shower and put some product in my wavy hair. I wore a white button-up shirt, black pants, and a blue bowtie. I grab the bouquet of flowers as Enzo gets in the car. I want Ellie to feel like the only girl in the world tonight. She is because I really like her. We get to her house and I knock on her door. Her mom opens it and invites me inside. She comes down the stairs and holy shit she's pretty. I hand her the flowers which she gives her mom to put in a vase. We get in Enzo's car and he takes us to the class pictures. He stays to get pictures for Gio. We head to our class dinner and sit with our friends. 

After the dinner, those whose parents stuck around drove the kids to the school gym. We entered and it was a little awkward, not between Ellie and I but the other couples. I went to the bathroom while Ellie went to get a drink with her friends. My friends were in the bathroom with a pen. I hit it a few times before reapplying some clone, I brought a small bottle, and went back in. My friend found his brother's pen during Hoco it's easier to get our hands on a pen than alcohol. I'm not addicted I only do it during special times like dances. I head in and dance with Ellie till the dance ends. Mainly till we end the dance. Our friend group is going over to Grayson's house after and we're all done with the dance. There's about 20 of us. I text Gio telling him I arrived at Grayson's where I'm spending the night.

I'm not sure how, but Grayson got us all some alcohol. There was a pack of white claws and a handle of titos. We all didn't hold back. Ellie and I went off together for some quiet and talked for about an hour. Our talk ended with us both leaning in and kissing. My first kiss! My heart was beating so fast. 

We went back to where everyone else was and it was crazy. Some girls were throwing up and a few guys were already asleep. A while later Ellie and the girls left. I say bye and thank her for tonight.

There were about six of us still standing and half the handle left. After much thought, not really, we did the only option and drank the rest. I was feeling it now. My vision is slightly screwed and I'm tired. I can tell I'm coming off of it because everything we do is getting less and less funny. I look at my phone and see Gio's good night text. I look at the time and see it's 3:00 am so I head to bed. I woke up at 9:00 with a raging headache. I see a text from Ezno saying he's here. Grayson wakes up as I start to head out. I say bye before heading upstairs and to the car.

"How was your night?" Enzo asks.

"Good. I had my first kiss," I say. I wasn't gonna tell any of my brothers that.

"Ohhh. My baby bro is growing up so fast," he says fake whipping tears from his eyes.

"Don't tell the others please," I beg.

"I want ten bucks," I agree and hand him a ten. He and Nic always bribe us with money. Being younger sucks because there's not much you can do about it, but most money I give to Nic and Enzo comes from B and the twins so I guess being a middle child has some perks.