Chapter 24

Luca's POV

2019

"Luca come on dude," Sandro says following me around my room. "You and I both know I need more ways to let out my anger besides through medication and sports. You heard coach if I keep getting so aggressive he'll have to take me out," he says.

"Not gonna do it," I say hanging up clothes in my closet.

"But Gio's computer will probably give me the answers I need," he begs.

"I'm not hacking into Gio's computer. Do you know how much trouble we would get into if we got caught?"

"That's if we are caught," he says.

"There's a higher chance you're gonna get caught than not, but if you have a secret weapon watching him and making sure he's distracted for the next 45 minutes then you have a higher chance of succeeding," Bruno says from the doorway.

"What do you want in return?" I ask. No way is he offering his "services" for free.

"Tell me everything you find I've always wondered what's on his computer," B says.

"Deal," Sandro says.

"Happy you agree but I'm not helping," I say.

"Please I'll do your math homework for the next two weeks," Sandro says. I'm not bad at math but it's my lowest subject, which is most people's average or highest grade, but I hate doing it. I let out a sigh.

"Fine two weeks," I say shaking his hand. "But if it's not in his room we aren't doing it now," I say. "B text us if he's coming and where he is at the moment," I say. He just got his phone for his birthday last summer. After a few minutes, we get a text from Bruno that he and Enzo are in the kitchen. Sandro and I sneak to Gio's room silently opening the door and there on his desk is his computer. Sandro grabs it taking it back to my room. He places it on my desk where I sit and I start to work. Sandro paces occasionally looking over my shoulder while I get past the password. We don't have enough time to guess although I know I could probably guess correctly after a few tries.

"I'm in," I say five minutes later. We start with his search history which is boring with a few interesting things. Recipes for dinners. How to clean an outdoor fountain. How to deal with kids who need to be constantly occupied. How to deal with kids who can't focus for too long. How to deal with a kid with anger issues. We click on that only to find the same things we already knew. Empathize, breathe, mantras, meditation, physical activities, etc. We then moved on to his open tabs.

"Why is it in Italian?" I ask.

"I dunno but at least we can understand it," Sandro says. We look through only to realize it was talking about the mafia, shipping guns and drugs to our town a place about 15 minutes or so from the high school or at least that's what Google Maps says. I told Sandro to look at the address and a run-down warehouse shows up. I continued to look only to find a bunch of checks and bank accounts all sent to Gio. I find a list of employees for the mafia and legal businesses. I found where he runs the restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels, etc. I found one tab which is dedicated to Charlotte.

"Look it's each time he's supposedly seen Charlotte and where she may be going," I say.

"According to this he's been close to finding her a few times and now she might be in Germany," he says reading what's on the screen.

"I wonder if she'll ever come live with us again or if we will ever see her again," I say.

"I don't know but if she's like mom then I never wanna see her again," Sandro says but I know he wants to see her as soon as we can.