Mysteries of these monsters

Aurora felt nervous,she was embarrassed on how she had ended up here.

Explaining the story of her nightmare and waking up in the middle of the night to follow an unknown thing she couldn't find any longer.

"The world is dangerous,if I wasn't here,you would have been dead"he looked worried,

Her heart clutch hearing his words,she was at least thankful he was here.

"So my dreams were true,vampires are real"she sighed.

Was coming to Morsvil a mistake,now she heard creatures of the night were real.

"Are you scared of me?"Mateo asked softly,something she knew he would ask.

"No"she replied,truthfully she wasn't scared of him and rather more curious on his being.

"I want to learn more about vampires"she stated.

Mateo chuckled hearing her,for someone who was about to be killed by a rogue earlier and yet want to learn more about vampires.

"Let me take you home first"he stated.

He bent down instructing her to climb his back.

She blushed seeing his wide back bent for her.

She went closer and hopped on his back with her legs tightly holding on his chest.

Mateo had an adrenaline rush seeing her fair legs.

Her nightwear wasn't that long and she didn't know what she was doing to him,it was quite obvious.

Aurora felt a space of time as Mateo was as fast as a bolting light,soon she got to her house.

The door was still opened and Mateo sped up to her room without any noise.

They looked like they were some camouflaged spies,only their shadows slightly seen.

Aurora sat on her bed staring at Mateo,her eyes filled with amazement.

"What other powers do you have?and are all your friends vampires?"she had many questions running through her head.

"Calm down there youngster"Mateo stated,she did look rampage right now and someone could hear her.

"The book"Aurora gasped,

She fazed many things together,couldn't believe the irony in all.

Was she that dumb to not believe such things existed when she had seen many unusual phenomena herself.

Aurora bent down and carried the book,she had kept it under her bed seeing it was of no use to her.

"Vampires,they can compel humans,they have super strength and are fast and also they can hear things from afar. They were created by the devil"she listed out informations she had gathered.

Mateo stared at the girl before turning to the book,

"Was it the same woman that knew your mother that gave you this book?"Mateo asked curiously,

"Yes"he got the small reply.

"Go to bed youngster,tomorrow is another day and now we will focus on knowing your kind"Mateo informed her.

Aurora pondered,she had agreed not to find out anything but seeing as destiny kept dragging her along this mysterious path of unknown existence, she felt ready as ever to find more about her origin and if her family were humans.

She was surprised on how they were vampires and many other creatures living,she walked everyday with vampires in Morsvil and yet she didn't know of these night creatures.

"Will you stay the night?"Aurora stared at Mateo deeply,she had seen a lot today and hearing one of her family member was a vampire also had her on edge and she wondered about her parents.

Her mom had never showed any signs of being a night creature nor her late father,none she could think of.

She was scared and didn't want to sleep alone tonight if all these were one big nightmare.

"Sure"Mateo nodded at her request.

She sighed,she was glad that Mateo was here and she felt safe around him even though she knew what he was.

Mateo removed his shoes before laying on the other side of her bed,she laid beside him feeling safer.

"Thank you"she murmured but he heard her.

Mateo didn't respond and just stared at her back as she had turned her back to him.

Aurora woke up the next day and seeing Mateo absent from her room.

She sighed,she still remembered last night and felt more anxious.

Suddenly she caught sight of a note,it was placed on her lamp which hung on her bed's drawer.

She took the note and read it

'Sorry I had to leave, I have a few things to take care of,love you Mateo'

She blushed reading the note,he sure was really sweet to her and calmer around her.

She had already seen most of his dark side but he had never been ruthless towards her which made her glad and relieved.

Aurora noticed the book again and picked it up.

She sighed thinking how her mom was joint in these mystery and creatures.

She had read about witches and thought if her mom was one,did her aunt or dad knew?!

She cowered for what the future holds and unrealistic things that are real.

The week was over and no classes today which made Aurora relaxed she didn't have to face nuisance today.

She got dressed and headed downstairs to eat breakfast.

Going downstairs,she met Peter.

He offered her a smile before going to take his seat,she smiled back remembering what he was.

She felt anxious knowing her cousin was a vampire but her accepting Mateo she knew she would accept her cousin also.

"Rora dear"aunt Sarah smiled seeing her,

Vivian as always just ignored her completely.

"So it's true?"Vivian glared at her,

She wondered what the girl was on about,

"Heard you tutoring Mateo"Vivian continued still glaring,

Tutoring Mateo?!

"Yes or why else would he have protected you the other day?"

"What happened the other day?"aunt Sarah asked,

Peter already glared at Vivian,he has said not to compel his family but he wouldn't mind compelling his sister to forget she ever existed.

"Just some misunderstanding mom"he turned to aunt Sarah.

Aunt Sarah didn't take his words and turned to Aurora who just felt shallow at the moment.

"Yes,it was aunt"she agreed.

Aunt Sarah didn't say anything else,

"It's good Mateo is helping you,I like that kid"the woman smiled at her.