The ball

"Yes,heard he is a really smart one and
has a distinct personality"the other official whispered back.

They stared at Mateo who was as focused as ever,

"It's so painful he lost his father at a young age despite being stripped of their wealth"the official sighed thinking what the boy must have gone through.

"He might just someday become a lord and be like his father"the other official stated knowing the boy's capacity.

"He is a determined one".

Soon the exam ended and everyone was sent home to wait for their results.

"I saw Simon and Eric,their father must have forced them here"Melanie gossiped to her friends.

"Despite failing twice"Isaac chuckled,

"Others were here also,it okay for them to come"Genevieve voiced out with a frown.

"You still care about Eric"Isaac rolled his eyes at the girl.

"That man is here Mateo"Raymond stated to Mateo who had been quiet.

The boy frowned and turned to see Orson who walked up to them.

"Hello everyone"Orson greeted,

"Good day sir"they greeted back,

They all had a look of discern,Orson was always dressed in blacks and he looked too scary,they wondered why Mateo still hanged with him but as always Mateo won't reply them.

"Finished your exam"Orson turned to Mateo,

"What are you doing here?"Mateo asked coldly making his peers gasp.

"I want to invite you and your friends to my mansion"Orson stated,

"No thank you"Mateo rolled his eyes knowing well this man was on again.

"I'm throwing a ball and would like you all to come"Orson placed his hand in his pocket and brought out invites before handing to them.

Mateo rolled his eyes thinking what this man was up to now.

"Sure,we will be there"he responded making his friends turn to him.

Did he just agree,they were stunned at his behavior and reaction.

"I will leave now and see you all by evening"Orson waved at them before leaving.

"We going?"Raymond asked confused,

"Yes,it will be nice"Mateo turned to him and they all
looked more stunned.

Mateo wasn't one to go to a ball or any party yet he seemed alright going to this one.

In the evening,they were all dressed and ready for the ball.

They had decided to use Melanie's carriage as their transportation.

They stepped down seeing the huge mansion they didn't know existed till date.

Mateo sighed before frowning,

There were carriages around and people entering the mansion.

They entered the mansion showing their invites to the butler who stood in front.

"Sir Mateo"the butler greeted seeing Mateo.

His friends turned to him,he sure was close to that strange man.

"Good day mr Fredrick"he gave the butler a small smile before entering inside.

"Mateo,you come here often?"Genevieve whispered,

"Yes"he replied.

The mansion decor was amazing and dark,it looked just like Orson's style.

The big gigantic stairs in the middle had a rolling black carpet with it's golden rails.

The marble floor was clean and black,paintings hanged around of Orson.

The man sure was a narcissist for having paintings of only himself around.

"Mateo"Orson smiled seeing him,

He held a glass of wine in his hand and walked to them.

"You are early"he stated,

"What is this party all about?"Mateo asked with a frown,

"You mean my ball"Orson smirked,

"Enjoy yourselves kids"he turned to the rest who nodded with a small bow.

He left their side in a hurry and they turned to see where had gone but he was long gone.

They were shocked but only Mateo knew of his vampire's speed and didn't comment.

Orson went outside to greet the special guest he awaited for so eagerly.

"You are here"he smiled taking the woman's hand as she stepped down from her carriage.

He kissed the back of her hand and she blushed,

"Thank you for the invite sir Orson"she bowed her head slightly.

She wore a floral green gown,her hand covered in white gloves.
Her brown hair tied with green ribbons flowing with her dress.

"Your tailor really does sew this clothes to your fitting"Orson complimented.

She smiled hearing his words,

"Let's go in"he took her hand and led her inside the mansion.

"Lady Hilda is here?"Genevieve whispered to Isaac,

Mateo turned to see the woman and frowned,knowing why this ball was arranged now.

The night was full and people danced away.

"Thank you for agreeing to dance with me mat"Melanie stated staring at the boy.

Mateo was a great dancer,Melanie hardly kept with him but yet with his dancing skills,she didn't look too bad in front of many.

"My governess hasn't been tutoring me well"she blushed embarrassed that she couldn't dance.

"I am happy that you are here"Orson smiled at the woman as he danced more with her.

"Thank you Sir Orson"she smiled cheekily at him,

"Let keep the formalities down Hilda"he smiled at her.

The woman blushed staring at his handsome face,she didn't know she would come to meet a man like Orson.

"Alright Orson"she giggled as he twirled her around and caught her in his arms.

"I want to show you something"Orson stated,

"Upstairs"

Hilda nodded following him while everyone was downstairs.

He led her to his room before opening the huge windows that hung there leading to the patio.

"Wow"her eyes shone staring at the stars that twinkled above.

"Do you like them?"Orson asked turning to stare at her deep black eye.

"Yes,they are beautiful"she smiled widely.

"Yes beautiful"Orson responded with a smile looking at her.

"I haven't been honest with you Hilda"he breathed out,

She turned to him and frowned,

"Why?"

Orson sighed more,then suddenly his black eyes turned red.

Hilda gasped,

He opened his mouth and showed her his fangs.

"A vampire"Hilda stared at him,

"Are you scared?"Orson's face filled with worry,

She turned away making him more worried.

"I won't hurt you Hilda"his vocal soft,

She turned to him and kissed him softly in his lip.

Orson smiled widely,

"Want to stay the night?"