Spring Break - Part 2

"So how long have you been hiding here?" He asked, "The cemetery of the crusaders. Hundreds of dead devotees. Enough to hide from even me"

Zadkiel pointed at Uriel, "It was Uriel's idea, a brilliant one. We were all together when heaven burned. We were strong enough to survive it, but not to resist the fall. We landed in israel, and came straight here" 

"To hide from you" Jophiel admitted, "We didn't know what had happened so we hid. All we knew was that Michael had destroyed heaven"

"I was evacuating you all" He explained, "Gabriel and Raphiel had started evacuating people. But Lucy turned up. Forced me to destroy heaven earlier than I planned" 

"How many died?" Zadkiel asked, "How many of our brothers and sisters did you kill?"

"As far as I know right now..." Michael sighed, "There are only two other angels on earth right now" 

"9! You only saved nine of us" Zadkiel yelled, "You killed just shy of a million angels?" 

Michael nodded, "I had no choice" he whispered, 

"Who survived then?" Uriel asked with a shaky voice, 

"Castiel" Gabby answered for him, "Raphael ran as soon as heaven started burning. We still haven't found him"

"Some archangel he is" Zadkiel scoffed, "God's mightiest angels, fled as soon as shit hit the fan" 

Thunder rumbled in the clear night sky. The sun had just set and Michael had summoned a fire and some chairs for them to sit around. 

"Can you blame him? I destroyed our home. Wiped out the celestial and demonic armies in one fell swoop" Michael explained, "You lot were all hiding from me, Raphael will be doing the same" 

"So what are you doing here?" Uriel finally asked the question that was on everybody's mind, 

"Somethings coming" Mike sighed, "Something dark" 

"Malivore" Uriel asked, 

Mike nodded, "It's after the keys to release it from it's prison, then I have a bad feeling I know what it's after" 

"The stories you used to tell us when we were kids..." Jophiel thought aloud, "Malivore is coming for you?" 

He nodded, "Lucy said she had created it, but I always thought she was bluffing" 

"So you're asking for our help?" Zadkiel laughed, "Oh that's rich" 

Mike shook his head, "I'll deal with Malivore. I want to make sure you're all safe" 

"That makes a change" Zadkiel laughed again, 

Gabriel glared at her fellow angel, "Watch your tone Zadkiel" 

"Or what?" He challenged, "I notice you weren't there when heaven was burning? Did our dear brother save his favourite sister?" 

"Enough!" Mike yelled, "I didn't come here for a fight! We are the last few angels on earth, we cannot resort to infighting" 

"And whose fault is that!" Zadkiel yelled back, "You are the reason we are the last angels" 

"Why are we still angels?" Uriel suddenly interrupted, "We all fell, why are we not demons?" 

Mike smiled softly at his younger brother, "That was me. When I realised what was happening to you all, I cast a protection spell on you all. Shielded you from hells power"

"Is that why you're protected?" Uriel asked, "Why you aren't full of black magic" 

Michael shook his head, "I only had time to cast it onto all of you. I'm resisting the black magic"

"That much power... the temptation..." Jophiel asked in surprise, "How are you not insane?" 

Mike shrugged in response to his sister's question, "I guess I've been spending time with the right people" 

"So what do we do now?" Zadkiel asked, "If Malivore rises he won't just stop with you Michael. He'll come for all of us" 

Mike shook his head, "You don't have to worry about Malivore. I will deal with him" 

"If you do that you'll die" Uriel argued, "Malivore can only be killed by sacrificing the lifeforce of an angel" 

Mike nodded, "Let's hope it doesn't come to that" 

"We're all rooting for you" Zadkiel scoffed, "Now is that everything? You can go" 

Mike closed his eyes in shame at the hatred his brother held for him, "If you want me to I will. But I do have an offer first" 

"We don-" Zadkiel started, but Uriel cut him off, 

"Let's hear it Zads" He demanded, 

Michael nodded in thanks to the angel, "I have a place you can go. You'll be protected from anything" 

"Where?" Uriel asked in excitement, 

"Well there are two options" He explained, "One is a penthouse in chicago, protected with runes, magic and all sorts" 

"What's the second option?" Zadkiel asked, 

"The penthouse you don't need me there for" Michael explained, "I'll take my stuff out from it and it's all yours" 

"The second option Michael" Zadkiel asked, 

"You come to the school I'm working at. I'll be there to protect you myself" He explained, "I can teach you how to handle being fallen. How to remaster your powers" 

"So live with you? The man who destroyed our home and family? Or live in a penthouse on the other side of the country from you? Easy choice" Zadkiel scoffed, 

But Uriel shook his head, "Why would we separate?" He demanded,  "Michaels right Zads, the ranks of heaven are gone. We only have each other now!" 

"I'm not going" Zadkiel spat, storming away from the group, 

"The love of a brother" Michael sighed,