✭9✭

"Ah, care to join us, Ms. Hyde?" Snape's voice dragged out, echoing through the class and into the empty corridors.

"Of course, Professor. May I ask what I missed yesterday?" I reply in a sarcastic tone while walking in. Snape unamused, continued

"It seems you forgot the potions lab that we have been talking about all week. You must've not been paying attention as usual, but lucky for you, I have standards for Mr. Malfoy. I have allowed you two to take the lab today and have a chance to get higher than a P for your grade." Dumbfounded by his remark, I glare back at Snape, his smug smirk only fueling my frustration. Deciding to not do anything, as I do need that grade, I take out my cauldron. Its cool surface contrasting with the warm, dimly lit potions classroom, and place it on the counter next to where Malfoy is sitting, his presence as aloof and intimidating as ever.

Lucky my arse.

"You have two hours, if you don't finish in time then you fail, yet that shouldn't be a problem. The potion won't take long. I will be in my office if you need me, but do not interrupt me as I am doing very important work. If I hear either of you being loud, I will fail both of you. Now please excuse me and you may begin."

Two Hours!?

With that, Snape leaves and Malfoy goes and fetches the different ingredients needed. I preheat the cauldron and begin taking out my notes.

Now back, I begin making the potion while Malfoy hands me the ingredients. It doesn't seem that bad actually, as the blonde has taken it upon himself to be extraordinarily silent and more... distraught, or distracted even.

"First pass me the salamander blood." I instruct Draco to do so while reading off my notes.

Nothing

"Hello!?" I turn to see why he's not responding and to my left he just stands there, looking at me. There is no expression readable and his dull eyes look even more empty than usual. I try reading anything out of them but to no avail. He blocked off every emotion showable, except numbness. Something definitely seems off.

"Bloody hell are you going to even do this stupid lab or make me do it all?" I turn away, dismissing the fact I just spend a solid three seconds 'gazing' into his eyes.

"I need my notes, Nitara." His monotone voice replies back, firmer than I expected.

Confused at the change in usual behaviour, I fixed my bookbag onto the counter as I turned away from him and reached inside attempting to take out his notebook. "Oh yeah, sorry."

Suddenly I feel the air around me dense, feeling his presence unusually close to my body.

Abruptly turning around, I'm met with Malfoy towering over me as he continues forward. Progressively backing up, I bump into the counter behind, as his hands make their way on each side of the counter trapping me in.

My breath hitches as the Slytherin continues towards me, somehow moving even closer than before. Panicking, I scan the room to no avail of snape or any kind of way I could get out of this torture. My heart is now thumping rapidly out of my chest, creating a loud, rhythmic sound, against the overpowering silence. If it wasn't for the same classic smirk plastered on his face, I would have sworn he could hear my heartbeat. looking up once more into his eyes, I realise if either of us move even a centimetre closer, we would be touching.

"I can get it myself. Thanks." ...?

And with that, Malfoy withdraws himself from my space, makes his way back into his chair, with the notebook now in his hand.