13, the favor

❝forgive and i forgeti know my age and i act like itgot what you can't resisti'm a perfect all-american❞

i know my age and i act like it
got what you can't resist
i'm a perfect all-american❞

-all-american bitch, olivia rodrigo

chapter thirteen, THE FAVOR

 "Hold up, what do you mean we?" Talia scoffed and stared at the boy in disbelief.

"uh-"

"cause earlier today-"

"forget about earlier today" John B cut her off and she raised her brow.

"why?" Talia Anderson's face fell, a light smirk playing on her lips when she put it together in her head. "oh, I get it, you need my help." Her smug tone made the boy roll his eyes.

"well, can you get me in?" He looked at her with nearly pleading eyes but she wasn't buying it.

"what about leaving me out of it? And not taking any more of my money or not needing favors?" She questioned, pausing before continuing. "and how kooks aren't wel-"

"okay, I get it. But, if you can get me there, I need your help. Besides, you're the one here right now, you're the one who got in the car with us, if you didn't want to help you wouldn't be here" She couldn't deny he was partially correct.

"That was because I didn't want you getting picked up by DCS on my conscious"

"wait, you kn-"

"I overheard Thomas when he was leaving to go get you, figured it'd give me bad karma if I left you to the wolves" She shrugged.

"Talia" He met her eyes, the boy biting down on his tongue till he felt blood. She knew why he stalled but sought pleasure in watching him suffer trying to get it out. "Please" He finally pleaded and she shrugged.

"okay, fine, I'll see if I can get my mom's donor pass" She caved, signalling the boy to follow her.

"Okay, stay here I'll see what I can do" Talia instructed as they slowed outside her house. She gave him a look before taking a deep breath and walking up the driveway. She wasn't sure what she'd be walking into so when she paused before opening the door.

"Tal? Is that you?" A breath of relief at the nickname.

"Yeah Mom" She called out, walking up the steps and toward her.

"were you feeling okay earlier? I saw you leave the brunch" Laurel spoke as she directed her attention back to cutting vegetables.

"not really, sorry, I know it was important to you i just needed some fresh air" Talia sat at the island counter, leaning forward.