14, when all is said and done

❝i want to be with the bourgeoisiesesi want to see how the bourgeoisieses party all nighti want to be with the bourgeoisiesesi want to see how the bourgeoisieses la-di-dee-die❞

i want to see how the bourgeoisieses party all night
i want to be with the bourgeoisieses
i want to see how the bourgeoisieses la-di-dee-die❞

-bourgeoisieses, conan gray

chapter fourteen, WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE

The silence was quite literally deafening. Talia Anderson swore her ears were ringing by the time they'd finally pulled up outside the archives. The car was barely stopped before John B was reaching for the door and jumping out.

    Talia locked the car doors behind her as she followed him up the steps. "wait" She called out, stopping him in his tracks. He turned, a hint of impatience flowing around the pair. Talia took a few steps closer and John B held his breath, eyes trying to read her face.

    She reached up and he swore she'd hear the way he sucked another breath in. Her hands fiddled with the tie he wore, their proximity not dawning on the girl until she felt him breathe out, the soft puff of air brushing her exposed collarbone.

    Their eyes finally met, the tension circling and dousing them like water. Neither could pull their eyes apart. Talia had not a single thought on her mind other than how soft John B's lips looked for a pogue.

    "watch out!" A voice from down the street called out and the pair broke apart, nearly scattering around from each other. John B cleared his throat as they stepped out of the way of the flying football.

    "shit, my bad" The boy waved off as he ran after the lost ball, absentmindedly apologizing as he collected it. John B shrugged in response. He looked back over to Talia but found the back of her head instead. The girl moved through the small crowd of people in front of the steps.

    John B tried to clear his mind as he followed her into the building, the girl in front of him clearly doing it with ease. He cursed to himself at the pull of his feelings not knowing that she was doing the exact same.

    Don't be stupid. The voice in her head sounded so eerily like her mother. The voice of reason. She wasn't meant to be with a pogue. And certainly not that pogue. Come tomorrow morning and everything would be back the way it was supposed to be. He'd be out of her life and she'd be getting ready for Midsummer.

    By the time John B caught up to the girl she was handing a pass to the worker at the entrance to the archives and another was opening the door for her. She looked back only once to make sure he was following before stepping aside and allowing him in as well.

    "Let me know if you need anything, and make sure to let your mother know she's got some paperwork to come read over" Talia smiled at their words and nodded, adding a quick thank you before grabbing a pair of gloves and handing them to the Routledge boy.