Time of Death

"whatcha doing?" Tim asks, waking up beside Brooke to see Brooke already awake and just admiring him.

"just looking" Brooke murmurs.

"at what, may I ask?" Tim smirks, shifting a little so he's facing her in bed.

"you" Brooke answers.

"and what about my person make you look at me?" Tim grins.

"mmm" Brooke hums. "maybe it's because of how you went easy on Lucy yesterday because she was sick and how you didn't let that guy be bailed out yesterday"

"I'm not cruel" Tim scoffs.

"I know, but it was still nice" Brooke says, softly.

"you're all hot and bothered because I didn't let a rapist be bailed out and let my rookie have a little break cause she was ill" Tim rolls his eyes.

"it was hot" Brooke shrugs, giving him a sheepish smile.

"it's the bare minimum" Tim argues.

"well, the bare minimum is hot" Brooke giggles.

"it shouldn't be" Tim answers.

"you're ridiculous" Tim says as he sits up. 

"it's not my fault that you're hot" Brooke says.

"you need to raise your expectations of me" Tim smiles as he stands up and heads to his closet to grab some clothes.

"you fulfill all my expectations and more" Brooke calls.

Tim shakes his head, chuckling, and tossing one of his shirts at her. 

[Time Skip]

"7-Adam-18, burglary in progress. 609 Hollywood Boulevard." Dispatch says over the radio.

Brooke and Nolan are walking through an office building, when they spot the suspect jump out from behind a desk and start to run. Brooke and Nolan chase him down a stairwell.

"LAPD! Stop!" Brooke calls.

"7-Adam-18, in foot pursuit of a 459 suspect. Requesting backup. Dispatch, do you copy?" Nolan says over the radio.

"These old concrete buildings can block the radio signal" Brooke explains as they chase the suspect into a dark room and the door shuts behind them.

"Hey!" Nolan calls.

"Show me your hands!" Brooke commands.

"Against the wall. Backpack down. Give me your right hand. Hold up." Nolan orders as he handcuffs the suspect.

Brooke finds the light switch and flicks it on. Now they see the room decorated like a dungeon, with fake skeletons and cobwebs.

"Ow." The suspect complains.

"Where are we?" Brooke asks, looking around.

"This door's locked. No other doors, no windows. What's that?" Nolan points to a piece of paper on the table.

"some sort of code" Brooke frowns, picking it up and reading it. "damnit"

"What?" Nolan asks.

"It's an escape room" Brooke replies.

"A what?" Nolan inquires.

"Where people pay to be locked in a room filled with puzzles that they need to solve in order to escape" Brooke explains.

"Oh, yes. Yes, yes. Oh, that sounds like fun." Nolan smiles.

"I mean maybe for fun, but not now after a long shift and before my date with Tim" Brooke pouts, pulling out her phone but not getting any signal "there's no signal"