The Shake Up

Brooke bites her lip, watching Tim eat his burger. Brooke has already devoured her own and eaten all of the fries that Tim bought. But now her eyes have fallen onto Tim's burger. 

Tim looks up, seeing eyes on him. 

She looks like a hawk who has found it's prey, Tim thinks to himself.

"do you need something?" Tim asks, already knowing what she wants and already knowing that he'll give it to her.

"I'm still hungry" Brooke explains, sheepishly.

"you want some ice cream?" Tim inquires.

Brooke shakes her head. 

"goldfish?"

Brooke shakes her head.

"peanut butter?"

Brooke shakes her head.

"grilled cheese?"

Brooke shakes her head.

"do you want what I'm eating?" Tim smirks.

Brooke nods her head, eagerly.

Tim chuckles and hands her the burger. 

Brooke's face lights up and Tim laughs, kissing her forehead.

"you properly spoiling my daughter?" Brooke's dad, Steve, chuckles as he enters the room.

"yes, sir" Tim answers, smiling.

"dad?" Brooke asks.

"yeah?" Steve turns. 

"c-could you get me another burger?" Brooke inquires.

Steve raises an eyebrow, but he isn't surprised. 

"what are you waiting for, go get her another burger" Brooke's mom, May, says, entering the room.

"thank you dad" Brooke calls as Steve leaves, chuckling and shaking his head.

"when are you going to start your maternity leave?" May questions, for the hundredth time.

"when I go into labor" Brooke answers.

Both Tim and May give her a look.

"I'll start my maternity leave when I'm ready" Brooke insists.

"if we did that, you'd never start your maternity leave" May snorts.

"yes, I will" Brooke pouts. 

"baby, at some point it's not good for you or the girls to keep working, especially on patrol" Tim points out.

"the doctor was exaggerating when he said that" Brooke insists.

"uh huh, who do you think I'm going to trust, my stubborn girlfriend or a licensed medical doctor who has over 30 years of experience?" Tim smirks.

Brooke pouts but both Tim and May stare at her, not backing down when Brooke uses her big brown doe eyes.

"after the rookies take their exam" Brooke decides, knowing her pregnancy is higher risk and knowing that she should really be on bed rest right now.

"when is that?" May asks Tim.

"about five weeks away" Tim answers.

"fine, but no later, understood?" May tells Brooke.

"yes, mama" Brooke promises.

[Time Skip]

"It's just not a term you expect to hear in 2019, you know? "Grave robber." It's like chimney sweep. Alchemist. Fishmonger." Nolan says as they drive slowly through a grave yard.