Caught Stealing

"Shit" Brooke whispers. 

They both stand there for a long while, just staring at the three positive pregnancy tests. Finally, Tim seems to snap out of his daze.

"Brooke" Tim turns fully to her, grasping her by the shoulders.

Brooke was deep in thought but snaps out of it when Tim calls her name.

"alright, here's what's going to happen, I'm going to go home, you're going to eat and then go to bed, and we'll meet here tomorrow, okay?" Tim explains.

"Tim?" Brooke whispers.

"I'm not leaving, I'm not going anywhere, you just need some alone time to think about this and so do I" Tim reasons.

Brooke realizes his intentions and nods. "o-okay"

"okay" Tim nods, kissing the top of her head and just keeping his lips there for a good several seconds before separating.

Brooke watches in a sort of daze as Tim leaves and once the front door closes, Brooke turns back to the pregnancy tests.

"Shit"

[Time Skip]

Brooke enters roll call the next morning, seeing Tim give her a concerned look. Brooke sends him a nod before sitting down next to Angela. 

"so, who is this secret guy?" Angela smirks. 

"what secret guy?" Brooke asks, not fully in the conversation. 

All she can think about currently is there is a little thing in her belly that could grow to be a fully sized human, an adult, and it's inside of her.

"Brooke?" Angela frowns.

"I'm sorry, I just-" Brooke starts.

"no, it's fine" Angela assures her.

"t-thank you" Brooke murmurs.

Angela gives her a little side hug before Nolan enters the room and finds Grey in his seat.

"Oh, no, Officer Nolan. You will be leading roll call this morning." Grey says.

"Sir?" Nolan frowns.

"I didn't stutter. Get up there." Grey orders.

Nolan stands behind the platform with heckling and jeering from some officers in the room, but Brooke is too lost in though to pay a whole lot of attention.

"What now?" Nolan asks.

"The clipboard." Grey gestures.

"Uh, "Memo to all divisions from the Chief of Police. Complaints about police officer entitlement have risen sharply during the last few months."" Nolan reads from the clipboard. Grey raises his hand and Nolan calls on him "Sir?"

"Do you know what that means? Police officer entitlement?" Grey asks.

"I assume it has to do with unauthorized perks. Free food, things of that nature." Nolan responds.

"And what is LAPD's policy on gratuities?" Grey quizzes.

"No officer shall receive any gratuity, gift, favor, or promise thereof, as it may result in, or be perceived as, payment in exchange for influence, bias, or direction of an investigation or enforcement of punishable offenses." Nolan repeats from memory.

"Nicely done. Chen, West, will you please join Officer Nolan up front?" Grey instructs with the other two rookies moving to stand next to Nolan. 

"Have your training officers discussed this policy with you?" Grey asks and Angela nudges Brooke, snapping her out of her daze and Brooke starts to pay full attention to what's happening.