Standoff

[I'm sorry this one is so short, I might release one more but probably not. So everything will be on hiatus until July, there may be a few random releases for like three days in June, but other than that I won't be writing. I'm really sorry about the month long hiatus but my July is totally free and I'll be pumping out a bunch of stuff to make up for it. The angela x harper x oc book's first four chapters will be released on June 5th. It will follow the timeline of the episodes roughly and it won't be a series, probably around 40 parts or so and I might pick and choose what episodes I do. Anyway, thank you so much for all of the love and support and I will see you all in July!]

"shit, hey, hey" Tim says as Brooke comes to.

Brooke's head is pounding and she groans, feeling disoriented.

"Tim?" Brooke murmurs.

"hi, baby, you're in my guest bedroom right now" Tim explains.

"w-what happened?" Brooke asks, rubbing her eyes.

"Kyle, Alex's brother, tried to get revenge on you killing Alex" Tim answers.

"he tried to kill me" Brooke realizes.

"yeah, but I got him, cops are on their way" Tim soothes.

"t-they're gonna know" Brooke whispers.

"I know, I know, so we're gonna tell everyone that you stayed at my place because you didn't want to be alone and you slept in my bed and I slept in the guest bed. I woke up and heard the sound from here and saved you, okay?" Tim instructs.

"t-that's actually pretty good" Brooke nods in approval.

"don't sound so surprised" Tim smirks.

Brooke gives him a weak smile and leans her head against his shoulder.

[Time Skip]

"You sure you don't need to go to the hospital?" Anderson asks as an EMT treats Brooke's head injury and Tim sits next to her.

"No, I'm okay, ma'am" Brooke answers.

"may I ask why you were at Tim's house?" Anderson inquires.

"I-I didn't feel right sleeping in a-an empty house and Tim offered to let m-me use his guest bedroom" Brooke explains.

"I woke up to the sound of Kyle in the house" Tim continues. 

"hold on, don't tell the story without me" Percy walks over.

"hello, sir" Brooke nods.

"so please restart your story" Percy requests.

"I couldn't sleep in an empty house and I called Tim and he offered to let me use his guest bedroom, I woke up around 2 am from a nightmare when he hit me in the head with a bat and knocked me unconscious" Brooke starts.

"I woke up to the noise and found Kyle about to shoot her in the guest room, I shot him in the shoulder and cuffed him before calling the station" Tim finishes.

"how did Kyle know you would be at Tim's house?" Anderson frowns.

"I don't know" Brooke answers. "m-maybe he followed me home"

"that timeline would work" Percy nods, agreeing.

"alright, considering that Tim's home is now a crime scene, I'm going to send you to your house with security" Anderson decides.

"yes, ma'am, thank you" Brooke nods.

"Bradford, would you like to go with her?" Anderson asks, turning to Tim.

"I would like to get a few more hours of sleep before shift tomorrow" Tim answers.

"you can sleep in my guest bedroom" Brooke says.