Chapter 23

Wendy woke up and frowned when she found herself in a bed instead of the comfy bean bag she remembered falling asleep in. The pillow smelled like Nathan, causing a smile to form on her face. She slowly stretched and sat up, finding she was alone in the bed. A sudden wave of nausea filled her mouth so she hurried out of the bed and rushed to where she heard a shower.

"Sorry," She said behind her hand as she dropped in front of the toilet and began throwing up.

"Shit, Wendy," Nathan hurried out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist as he also tried to hold her hair back.

"Sorry," She whimpered as she threw up again.

"There is no reason, Wendy Girl," he scoffed as he heard his bedroom door open. "She's in here, don't freak."

"North thought he heard a panic," Sean said as he stood by the door. "Okay if I come in?"

"Yeah, Doc," Nathan nodded, "I can quickly finish my shower then."

"Sorry," She whimpered as she began to dry heave.

"Hush, Love," Sean shook his head as he took over holding her hair back. "There's no reason to apologize."

"Interrupt," She lurched forward then groaned, "Natey...rude..."

"Never," Nathan called out as he quickly finished washing his hair. "You can interrupt me in the shower anytime, Wendy Girl."

"No," she groaned. "Rude...adult now..."

"Hush," Sean tried to soothe. "And just because we are adults now doesn't mean you can't use our rooms anytime you want, silly girl. I can easily speak for everyone and say you have our permission to use any of our stuff anytime you want."

"Owie," She whined as she rested her head on her arm that was resting on the seat of the toilet. "Ugh...not fair."

"No," Sean shook his head as he rubbed her back, "but you are creating miracles."

"True," she whimpered, "but it could ease up on sick."

"I know," Sean said sympathetically. "Think you're done enough to wash your mouth?"

"Maybe," she pouted. Sean took most of her weight as he helped her over to the sink. Nathan used that opportunity to head to his walk-in closet and quickly got dressed. She looked up from rinsing her mouth to see Nathan pulling a shirt down over his chest. Noticing the bruises on his body, she frowned, "Natey?"

"Yeah, My Wendy Girl,?" He asked as he rubbed his hair dry with a towel.

"Why do you have bruises?" She asked softly. "Did you have a MMA match recently?"

Nathan froze for a second then shook his head, "No, Love, I haven't. It's from something else."

"Training with Ninja Luke?"

"Talking about me, Cupcake?" Luke asked as he leaned against the doorframe. "Breakfast is ready by the way."

"You been training with Natey, Lukey?" She asked as she looked at him through the mirror. She frowned, "Be nice to Natey and no more bruises."

Luke frowned, "Nate and I haven't been practicing for a few weeks now, Cupcake. What bruises are you–"

"We'll talk about it after breakfast," Nathan said as he placed a kiss on the top of Wendy's head. "Promise, but right now we need food. Any moment now you know your grumpy bear is going to come looking for us."

Tears filled her eyes, "Sorry Lukey," she pouted, "I didn't mean–"

"Now now, Cupcake," Luke chuckled as he pushed off the frame. "No tears, I've missed you getting onto me for hurting your precious Natey. Trust me," he gently gripped her chin and turned her to look at him and winked, "I deserve that stern talking to way more than you need to know about, kay?"

"Why is Baby Girl crying?" North demanded as he came up behind Luke. "What did you do to her, Lucian? Tell me, Moon, and I'll make him regret it, promise."

She giggled as she wiped at her eyes, "No need, Star," she sniffled, "Just emotions everywhere, promise, I'm okay."

"Behave, Lucian," North growled as he wrapped his arms around Wendy the second she hugged him. "How does scrambled eggs, toast, and avocado sound, My Moon?"

"Maybe?" She asked softly as she wrapped her arms around his neck as he carefully lifted her bridal style. "Sounds good but we'll see."

"Just so you know, the Toma group is having breakfast with us," he prepared her while heading to the door. "And Gabe wants to know which of our shirts you feel like wearing. He got you some comfy pants and fuzzy socks that he's putting on your bed now."

"Don't care," she mumbled as he carried her to her room. "Any sound comfy."

"She said any," Luke told Gabe as he came out of Owen's room.

"Here you go, Girly," Gabe smiled as he handed her Owen's button up shirt. "I'll fix your hair once you're fucking dressed and eating some fucking food."

"Kay," she murmured as North sat her on the bed beside the clothes.

"Now, Love, since you just got sick I don't want you walking," Sean said, just slightly stern. "I don't want you to have to deal with dizziness or anything. One of us will be right outside the door to get you once you're dressed."

She opened her mouth then shut it, seeing all their faces. "Okay," she finally gave in.

She dressed in her new leggings and Owen's shirt but left the socks on the bed because she felt sick when she tried. Gabe slipped the socks on then carried her to the dining room. "Morning," the rest of the men said as Gabe walked in with her in his arms.

"Good morning," the Toma group said as they watched Gabe set her in the chair beside Owen.

She smiled softly before looking up at North gratefully as he placed her plate in front of her. He smiled then said in a serious tone, "If I need to change something, tell me, it's not a problem."

She nodded then took a bite out of her toast with avocado spread on it. "Yummy," she beamed when it didn't upset her stomach. She took another bite then looked around confused when she heard her phone ringing. Hearing the music, she went rigid, "That's Paul's ringtone."