Twelve

I awoke in bed next to Stephane. I could see her bare shoulders from under the blankets. I felt so good, so right, and that's when I remembered.

A girl I've known for only a month or two.. I slept with her. Oh my God. I was a horrible human being. But I wouldn't have done it if she didn't allow me too.

Stephane mumbled something and rolled over, the blanket falling. She was beautiful, wonderful. Everything I've wanted.

I got up, slipping on some boxers and sweatpants. I walked out of my room to find Sean sitting on my couch.

"Good morning."

"What the fuck?! How'd you get in my house?!"

Sean held up a screwdriver.

"You broke into my house to sit on my couch and eat cereal?!"

Sean shook his head and took another bite of Reese's Puffs. I just shook my head and went into my kitchen.

"So I see Stephane stayed the night."

"She always does.."

"Naked?" Sean came walking in with his eyebrows raised.

"Look bro.. I.. I really like her okay? She's not one of those girls you just sleep with. I slept with her because well, the first time I ever laid eyes on her I was in love."

"Dude.. That's the most committed thing any guy has ever said after sex."

I just sighed and opened my fridge, looking for something to eat. Sean just stood there watching me, and he finished his cereal, throwing the bowl into the sink.

"Seriously? Did you drink the rest of the milk?"

"I got hungry bro."

"Maybe eat before you come over next time shall we?"

Sean just wiped off the milk mustache and went back into my living room. I say there for a moment and turned back.

"Why do you care so much if I slept with her?"

Sean just stared at me.

"You like her don't you!"

"No.. I'm worried you'll break the poor girl's heart."

I turned to face Sean once more. He was in a defensive pose.

"Like you did that last one. You slept with her and then said that you had no time for a girl. Will you do this to Stephane? Will you do this to the poor girl in your bed who probably had the best night of her life with you? Maybe even expecting a relationship after this? Did you even tell her you love her?"

I just stood there. He pulled out all my flaws and three them onto the table. He liked her I could already tell. But why Stephane? Why was he protective over her than any other girl I've dated?

"Sean. I did tell her I love her. Is that so wrong? Is it wrong for me to like a girl who sure, I slept with her, but as soon as I saw her I loved her? Is it wrong for me to be happy?"

Sean just turned and walked away from me. This is why we have friendship issues. He does this sometimes.

"Jack? What's wrong?"

I turned and saw Stephane in skimpy underwear and a bra walk out of my room. I turned back and Sean was staring at her. I turned again and Stephane ran back into my room.

"Woah.. She looked.."

That's when I lost it. I flung myself onto Sean. Holding him down. I wasn't going to fight him, no, I just wanted to get my point across.

"You ever, make a move on Stephane.. I swear to God."