Fifteen

Oh my God. Jack just shot my brother. He didn't know though, he was trying to protect me. But still.. Jason. How could you do this? How could you do cocaine?! I told you all of my problems but you wouldn't let me in on one of yours?

"Stephane.. I'm sorry. You know that if I knew that was your brother I wouldn't have shot."

"Yeah." Tears were streaming down my face. Warm against cold.

"I'm sorry Stephane." Jack wrapped his arms around me, hugging me close.

I just sat there, putting my head into his chest. His arms were like vises around me. 

"Jason was so good, I don't know what happened to him." 

"Sometimes people change Stephane."

"Don't you say that!" 

Jack just let me go, looking into my eyes. He was always the calm one in fights. I got the fiery temper. I wanted to yell at him more, but the look in his eyes told me to stop. There was a banging on the door. 

"Paramedics!" 

I ran to open it and they bursed through the door. They checked Jason's wound and heartbeat. They then put him on a stretcher and ran out to get to the Ambulance. Afterword, the police came in. 

"Who is the relative of Jason?"

"I am." I stepped up lightly and looked up to face them. 

"Can we speak to you in private please?"

I turned to face Jack, and he nodded in approval. I led them into the kitchen and pulled out the secret door that blocks the area from where Jack stood. 

"What happened Ms..."

"Adams. Stephane Adams."

"Right. Ms. Adams, how do you know Jason?"

"I'm his twin!" 

"Okay.. calm down. We just have to ask. What happened?"

"Jack and I were sleeping. He awoke to a strange noise, like a thump he said, and then left to see what happened. I woke up and went out there to him ordering me to Get Down. I heard the shots fired and came out. It was my brother."

"Was the house dark?" 

"All the curtains were closed. There was barely anything to see by."

"Do you think this Jack would do it on purpose?"

"NO! He didn't even know what my brother looked like!"

"What is your relation to Jack?"

"Mr. Douglass is my boyfriend."

"Okay..." They scribbled something down. I was afraid to hand them the cocaine.. But I know that if they arrested Jack, that would be the only thing that helped him. 

"My brother has this on him." I pulled out the cocaine bag. They grabbed it and stared at it. 

"Is this your's mam?"

"What?? No.." 

"YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR POSSESSION OF ILLEGAL DRUGS!"

"IT'S MY BROTHER'S! NOT MINE!" 

The cops threw me to the floor and put handcuffs on me. The Enforcement dragged me out and Jack was just staring widely. 

"Your girlfriend had cocaine on her."

"We both found that on Jason. We figured he was high or something when he broke into the house!" 

"We're taking Ms. Adams here for testing. You could ride with us if you want."

Jack shoved one of them off of me and kissed me passionately, right in front of them. "I'll be right with  you okay? I'm not leavng your side until the day we die." 

They picked me up, heaving me out, while Jack walked behind. His eyes were full of pain and fear. A strange combination.