Seventeen

Damn it.. Jack was sitting next to me as I pulled out my phone and called my mom. I was allowed to call her.

"Stephane! Where's your brother?! Where are you at?!"

"He broke into Jack's house.. And he had cocaine on him. Unfortunately, the popo thought it was mine and now I'm sitting in a jail cell while Jason's in the hospital."

"Why is Jason in the hospital?!" Always like mom.. Caring about him first.

"Jack shot him. The house was dark and he didn't know."

"I'll go to the hospital and I'll be there for you." My mother hung up.

I just sat there in the interrogation room, tears streaming down my face. Jack grasped my hand tightly and then a girl stepped through the door, asking Jack to leave. He obliged and watched me through the window.

"Hello Ms. Adams. I'm Detective Gina Smith. If you would allow me to ask a few questions we'll be on our merry way." She smiled at me and I could tell the smile was harsh.

"Okay Stephane. Tell me your side of the story."

"Jack and I were in the bedroom.."

"Doing what?"

I just looked at her. Her eyes were studying my face, my reaction.

"None of your business." My tone was sharp, snappy.

"Okay.." She wrote in her notepad.

"Anyway.."

"Ms. Adams.."

"LET ME CONTINUE!" Tears were flowing now, my face was hot. Jack was looking at me, slowly standing up.

"WE WERE HAVING SEX AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW I WAKE UP AND WALK OUT TO SEE HIM WITH A GUN IN HIS HAND, TELLING ME TO GET DOWN!" My fist slammed against the table.

"I THEN RAN TO THE BEDROOM THEN I HEARD GUNSHOTS! I RAN OUT TO SEE JASON ON THE MOTHER FUCKING FLOOR WITH A GOD DAMNED BAG OF FUCKING COCAINE ON HIM! THEN IM FUCKING BLAMED FOR IT!!" My breathing was erratic and Gina looked scared.

"And if you want to test me, you can do that.. But I wouldn't lie about my twin." I sat down quietly. I knew I was gleaming with sweat, I could feel it.

"Okay.. That will be all." She sent me out and sent Jack in next.

I sat there about a good 30 minutes before he came out.

"Their making you spend the night here until Jason wakes up. Then they'll question him."

I just sat there, and Jack came up and hugged me.

"Hey.. I'm staying with you."