Nineteen

"Where are you taking her?" Jack stood up, defensive pose, his green eyes darkening.

"To prison for possession."

"Didnt. We. Tell. You. We. Didnt. Do. It."

"Yeah but.."

"WE DIDNT HAVE DRUGS."

The officer just looked at us, his eyes widening. His face had wavering emotions and it seemed to me that he was debating letting me go.

"Please.. She didn't do anything wrong."

"Did you?"

There was no traces of any drugs in my system as the drug test concerned.

"I'm sure. I took a drug test and everything."

"Okay." He released my hands from behind my back and let me go. Jack grabbed me and we walked out toward the main door.

"Where are you going?"

"Home." Jack pulled me out and dragged me to the bus stop.

"I'm calling Toby to pick us up." He pulled out his phone and called him.

"Steph and I need a ride."

"Because of her brother."

"Yeah yeah.. Sure we can watch Iron Man at your place." Jack looked at me and I smiled in approval.

"Okay. Bus stop in front of the station." Jack and I sat down on the bench when some crazy lady walked up to us.

"Got change?" Her eyes were dark brown and sunken in.

"I do." I pulled out a dollar in quarters and handed it to her. She then grabbed my hand and started biting it.

"What the fuck?" Jack pushed her away, making sure to not make her fall over.

"I love you!" The lady ran to me and I shoved her back harder. She toppled over. Toby pulled up.

"She bothering you!"

"Yes!!"

Jack and I ran to the car and hopped in, the door slamming on my leg.

"Shit!"

"You okay?!"

"Yeah!" The crazy lady came up to the car and licked the window.

"Drive!"