CHAPTER 10: DR. MITCHELL LEWIS (HIS POINT OF VIEW)

Honk! Honk! Damn it. I looked at my watch, its 10 AM already. I'm late. How many miles to go before I can reach the hospital? Traffic really sucks. I tuned in the radio to calm me down. I'm fallin' apart, I'm barely breathing with a broken heart...that's still bleeding...good thing acoustic songs are always ready. It soothes my mood. I sang together with the song. I should've not brought my car. I could've run on foot!

Calling. I looked at my phone. Damn. It's Dr. Walter.

"Hi doctor," I answered.

"Hi doctor Mitchell, where are you?"

"I...I'll be a little late. It's really traffic out here..."

"Ok...give me a call when you're here. You know where my office is, right?"

"Yes doctor..."

"Good. I can't wait to introduce you to her," he said. I hang up. Who's her? Maybe that's the neurosurg doctor he's talking about. She's a wow. I mean, you won't be able to pass internship and residency that fast. Especially neurosurgery...and the fact that she's a girl. Maybe she's really bright...what else...assertive? I don't know. I wanted to meet her. She's interesting.

Sometimes, being a doctor sucks. On-calls, dying patients, toxicity at work. But then, the best thing is you'll see your patients getting well...sometimes the simplest thank you is the best...but of course, nothing beats my happiness when patients pay for the treatment...just kidding.

I arrived in the hospital almost lunch time. It was a big hospital. The lobby was like a 5 star hotel lobby. Guards are everywhere with their sniffing dogs. It's as if most of the patient's here are VIP. So I took the elevator and headed to 5th floor. I followed the arrows and reached the executive offices. I asked one guard to help me reach Dr. Walter's office. He gladly helped me. I was looking for Mina but then she's not on her desk. I can hear people discussing so I made my way inside. I tried to peek. Whoa. It seems like an executives meeting. There are doctors on white coat. Some look so young...maybe interns. I saw Dr. Walter. My goodness. I'm late. For 2 hours. Good Mitchell. I took a deep breath and began to knock. I am a little nervous. I opened the door and when I look in front of me, all eyes were on me. Now you're popular Mitchell, great. Dr. Walter stood up and walked towards my direction. He looks strict as always. He smiled upon approaching me.

"Welcome!" he greeted. He offered a hand shake. My hands were cold and a little sweaty. When he stood up from where he's sitting, I noticed a doctor. She's awesomely beautiful despite her square brown eyeglasses. Her brown hair on curls were falling passed her shoulders. She looks serious. She was looking at me, of course I was a show stopper, crap.

"Colleagues, let me introduced you to our new colleague...Dr. Mitchell Lewis. He's a neurosurgeon also just like Dr. Ross. He's been practicing under the said specialty a few years ahead from Dr. Ross..." Dr. Walter said. So who is Dr. Ross? I hope that's the beautiful lady that I saw. She turned her attention to her other colleagues. I just can't take my eyes off her.

The meeting was over. I noticed that she stood up immediately and she looks like she's in a hurry.

"Addie!" Called out Dr. Walter. She looked around. So her name is Addie. Her name sounds like a happy and jolly name, exact opposite of how she looks like.

"Mitchell, this is Dr. Ross...she's our Neurosurgeon..." introduced Dr. Walter. Yes! She's the sought-after neurosurgeon. What a beautiful and smart woman.

"Hi, you can call me Mitch...Mitchell...or whatever you want..." I said. I hope I don't look stupid in front of her. I offered a hand shake. Gladly, she held out her hand. They were soft and gentle.