CHAPTER 12: OVER DINNER (HERS)

It's been over a week since that instead from the rooftop...penthouse...helipad or whatsoever. I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe the clinic days and daily rounds schedule for us are different. Most of the time, I've been doing my rounds at 8AM. Most of the interns and residents are with me. I tried so hard not to be harsh and strict but I can't help it. I guess it's in my system already. At 10-2PM, I'm staying in my clinic. Long term patients comes for follow ups. Kids of all ages and adults arrived. It's tiring. Sometimes it's confusing and you need to check their charts and records over and over again. 

One patient came this afternoon. He's just visiting. Well actually I can't remember him. But he said he was once my patient. He had his brain fixed my me...literally he said it that way. I laughed but at the back of my mind who am I talking to? He gave me a box of deliciously-looking chocolates. He said he'll forever be thankful to me for saving his life.

 "No problem...thanks for the chocolates sir," I said. 

Ring. Ring. Ring. Missed. Ring. Ring.

 "Hello, this Dr. Ross..." I said while answering the phone. 

"Addie, it's me Dr. Walter. Do you have any plans tonight?" 

"None sir..." 

"Good. Please come by my house after your clinic hours...we'll have a dinner. It's my wife's birthday," he said. 

Of course, how can I say no to the man who has been there to support me all throughout my med career? And yes, his wonderful wife who has been there all this time too. 

"Yes sir, of course! I'll be there..." I gladly replied.

"Great. We'll see you here at 8PM Addie. My little boy Tommy misses you already," he said. I smiled. When it comes to kids, my heart just softens. I always dreamt of having a family and kids. But now I'll be turning 36 years old in a few months and my heart is just as shut as hell. I wanted to love but I can't. I miss the feeling of being in love. It's just that I can't find any man worthy enough...worthy enough to replace Drake. 

I left the clinic at 6PM and went home to at least have a shower and get dressed. I looked in the mirror and tried to fit a casual blue dress. I put on my heels and applied a light make up. I put on my pearl earrings and kept my hair falling passing from shoulders. It's still on curls. I put on some cologne and of course put on the bracelet that Drake has given me. I hit the garage and started the engine. The engine started to roar and off I went to Dr. Walter's house. One song keeps on playing and playing inside my car and I don't care if I am out of tune. I love it. Who cares? Besides, it's only me who can hear my awful singing voice. 

I parked my car in front of Dr. Walter's house. It's a beautiful house. It's like a country-style house. White and shades of brown can be seen. I wonder why there's only one car parked aside from my car. I ignored. I checked my face in my mini mirror. I am all set. I locked the doors and walked up to the pathway towards their house. It's quiet. Weird. Usually whenever there's a party in their house, it is usually full of very important people...from the staff to the executives. Anyway, maybe they wanted some quiet time. I reached the doorway and press the bell. A few minutes later, I can hear a kid running. Maybe it's Tommy. Someone opened the door. 

"Aunt 'di!" I heard. I looked down. It is really Tommy. I forgot how old he is. Perhaps 5? I don't know. I bended down to his level.

"How's my favorite boy?" I said, smiling down at him. He gave me a hug. I can see Mrs. Isabel Walter. She's still looks ravishing despite the lines in her face. 

"Mommy, it's Aunt 'di!" said little Tommy. 

"How are you Addie?" she greeted. I rose from my knees and Tommy ran away towards the receiving area.