CHAPTER 17: OVER A CUP OF COFFEE

I was surprised to hear Mitchell asked me that. He was really brave enough to ask me out and now to be his girlfriend. I looked away and sighed. He didn't ask again. I think he's waiting for an answer but I don't know how or what to tell him. I stood up.

"We better go, it's late..." I excused. He too stand up. We walked side by side and headed towards his car. He opened the door for me. He sat behind the steering wheel and he asked me if he should take me home.

"No...just drop me by the hospital. My car is there...I'll drive home," I said. He just nod and he began to drive. He was silent the whole trip to the hospital from the cemetery. I didn't speak a word too. He didn't sing either. By the time we reached the hospital lobby, I looked at him.

"Mitchell, thanks for the wonderful night. To tell you honestly...it is the first date I ever had aside from Drake. Thanks...take care," I said before I left his car and before he can say a word. I walked at the lobby with my jeans and shirt only just like an ordinary passerby. I went to PICU to see Tommy.

"How is he?" I asked the nurse on duty.

"He's doing fine doctor...he was awake a while ago looking for you..." she said.

"For me?"

"Yes..."

"Not his parents?" I clarified. She shook her head and I look back at Tommy and smiled. You are really one naughty boy. I checked on his dressing and it is dry. I went to the nurses' station to make some notes. I checked on the time it's 1AM already.

"Call me if anything happens..." I said and I went out of the PICU. I was thinking about what Mitchell said and what he might be thinking when I ignored his questions. When the elevator door opened, Isabel was there. She held a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Isabel," I exclaimed. She was surprised to see me. We sat on the couch in a nearby lounge.

"Why are you still here?" I asked. She took a sip from her coffee.

"Actually, I should be the one asking you that. You should've been home..." she said.

"Well, I went out with Mitchell..." I said. She almost got chocked from her own coffee. She leaned forward and asked what happened.

"Isabel!" I said. I can feel my face turned hot of how she reacted from the statement that I went out with him.

"Well, he took me to a music bar. He sang a familiar song. We grab a few drinks and..."

"And?" she awaited.

"And I introduce him to Drake...we went to the cemetery." I said. Isabel's excitement fade. She leaned back and took the coffee.

"What did he say?" Isabel asked quietly.

"Well, I cried in front of him...I told him about my past...about Drake and me...then I asked him why he still wants me...he simply said I am one of a kind...I am different..."

"And..."

"He asked me if I can be his girlfriend..." I said at last.

"What did you tell him?" asked Isabel. I can sense an air of concern from her voice.

"I didn't answer. I left the topic hanging. I don't know what to say Isabel..." I said.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" she asked. She held my hand and I looked up to her like a little kid to her mother. "You can tell me anything Addie..."

"I...I never felt that way before. I mean it was only Drake who can make me feel butterflies in my stomach and with Mitchell...it's the same..." I said while trying to choose my words correctly.