17. She said yes

It was Wednesday noon when Amruta received a call from Virat which she ignored. She did not know what was she supposed to say to him yet. She had been on leave ever she learnt aboout the whole horoscope thing in Monday evening. She did not want to see Virat. She now understood why was he avoiding her on Monday. It was because of this and not because of the stupid things she had assumed. Honestly, Amruta felt a little better knowing her assumptions were false. Now that she had enough time to think about the whole thing clearly, she knew she did not want to marry to someone like Virat. She tried to stay away from the ultra rich because she was well aware of the rich people mentality and she did not like it. But, she also did not want to ignore such a massively grave prediction. If something actually happened to Virat, she would not be able to live with it. 

Bhavani was dealing with all this in another way. She had arranged to meet Babita at a restaurant near their apartment. She did not want Amruta to listen to their conversation, that is why they planned to meet outside. Bhavani and Babita reached the restaurant at almost the same time. 

"Thank you so much Bhavani ji for meeting me here.", Babita said as soon they were seated.

"As a mother, I can understand what you are going through."

"What do you think? What did Amruta say? Please don't say no. Please."

"Babita ji, Just like I understand your agony.  I hope you understand mine too. This is not a game. It is my daugther's life. What about the consequences she would face after she marries someone for 5 months? Do you know how hard it would be for her? And then, Virat & Amruta always arugue. From what Ammu has told, it seems like they cannot even stand each other."

"I understand. I really do. But, I assure you that once Amruta marries Virat, it will be my responsibility to ensure her life would not be affected in the long term. I would ensure their divorce will not cast a shadow on her future. It is a mother's promise to another mother that she would protect her daughter from anything wrong happening to her.", by now Babita had tears in her eyes.

Although, Bhavani had thousands of doubts in her mind, something about Babita's face made her want to agree. The sincerity in Bhavani's eyes assured Bhavani that Amruta will have a nice and  normal future. She could sense that Babita meant to keep her promise. Suddenly, Bhavani felt less stressed than she was when she walked in the restaurant. She knew they had to make a decision soon. The Ahuja's did not have much time. 

As soon she entered her house, she saw Amruta pacing up and down the room. On seeing Bhavani, she said, "aai, where were you? I was waiting for you"

"I had a meeting with some ladies of the block. Tell me Ammu, what is it?"

"I talked to our family Pandit ji. He confirmed that as per Virat Sir's horoscope, a light threatening danger is on its way towards it. And well, h-he also confirmed that my horoscope, once integrated with his, will act as a shield and protect him"

"Oh, you did the right thing. Now that we have his confirmation, what have you decided Ammu? I think we should tell the Ahuja's our decidion by tonight."

"Just give me a few more hours to really think about it.", saying that she went to her room. Amruta picked up her phone to distract herself for a few minutes. She checked her watsapp notification and there were a couple messages from Virat. They just said "Hi" and "Banker, you there?". She did not plan on replying but she opened the chat by mistake. She kept the phone on her bedside table and took out her journal. While she was scribbling away her thoughts in it, her phone buzzed again. She ignored it and kept writing. Another buzz after sometime, then another and then another and so on. Frustrated, she kept down her journal and picked up the phone. All new messages were from Virat