21. Guests

A/N: Hey everyone! I just wanted to tell you all my MBA exams are starting this month and I was really busy with my project work. I am really sorry but my updates would come at longer intervals until my exam get over. I promise to make it up to you once my exams get over. 

Thank you so much 🙏 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amruta's P.O.V.

We had returned from Manali 5 days ago after an amazing week at Manali. Only one day out of that went in working, the rest was just sight seeing and basking in the glory of the hills. Such an ethereal place to be in. Although, there was still a lot of areas unexplored, we had return due to work. We are starting a project there. We would get lots of opportunities to visit again. It was such a wonderful experience to loose all my worries in the mountains. One incident in particular, that stuck with me was the sunset we saw from the Jana Waterfalls. The beautiful hues in the sky cast a colorful reflection on the waterfall, mesmerizing the spectators. Was a spectacular sight to enjoy, especially if you were with your better half. Although, Virat Sir was not my better half, he cared for me like he was. He did everything to make sure I enjoyed the trip. He even ate at a local vendor's stall to humor me, which was huge for him. He also got gifts for my family. I really enjoyed the trip more than I could have imagined. I got to know him a lot better during the trip. Ever since returning from there,  I almost feel like we are friends. Almost. I could never let myself forget that he was my boss and whatever relation we have other than that was temporary and would last only till we are legally wedded. 

We had a pretty normal week since returning. Nothing out of the blue. I did go to stay at my place for two days as I was missing my family too much. They loved the gifts we got for them. Harshiya's medical college would start soon and he was really busy with the preparations but he managed to get some time for us to enjoy as a family. Anyways, it was Saturday and Virat sir's sister was coming to stay the weekend. I did not really know her. I had not even spoken directly to her till now. I was excited to get to know her. Virat sir had shown that he cared for my family and now, it was my turn. I really wanted to make a good impression. I had found out from Virat Sir about her favourite dishes and was preparing lunch as per her choices. Virat Sir was out for some work. At around 12:30 pm, the door bell rang. I opened it to find Virat Sir's little sister, Nimrat. I smiled at her and invited her in when someone else came out of the car. It was Stuti, Virat sir's friend, I think. The one who was texting him that night in Manali. I greeted them both warmly but I felt cold vibes from both of them. Weird. 

"Where's bhai?"

"He is out for some work. Will be back soon.", I said sensing the annoyance in her eyes. 

They both started to converse among themselves ignoring my presence completely. I was very uncomfortable. Whatever did I do to them? Was it because I was from a middle class family? I was just praying for Virat sir to return soon and thankfully my prayers were answered quickly. As soon as he entered the house, Stuti squeaked in delight and rushed to him to hug him. 

"I missed you, V.", she said sweetly. 

Virat sir looked surprised. "I did not know you were coming."

"Nimmi asked me and I thought why not. I had not seen you in a while.", she said with a pout. 

 They all chatted while I served lunch. Even during the lunch, Nimmi and Stuti hardly acknowledged my presence & Virat sir did not seem to notice. He was too busy talking to them. I had started to get mad now. They did not have to ignore me like this. I was getting more angry at singhdana as he did not pay attention to this at all. It was like he could not see their behavior towards me at all. So much for being friends. I just finished my lunch and excused myself to my room. If they did not want me here, I would not force myself on them.