20. Amruta Virat Ahuja

It was a long drive to Manali but Virat enjoyed driving, especially when he had a companion he liked to spend time with. And by now, Virat had no doubt about the fact that he liked being with Amruta. She was chirpy and fun to be around. It surprised Virat to realise how in this short period of time, she became someone he could truly call a friend. Virat had a very few actual friends, who he could be real with. And, in less than a month Virat felt like that for Ammu. But, to his dismay, the good company he had in the car was peacefully sleeping since a couple hours. Virat did not have the heart to wake her up, he really wanted to but he did not. It was dawn and they were almost there at their destination.

Virat had booked their stay in the Tapavann Hills, a beautiful luxury manor overlooking the Himalayan Range. Amruta was still asleep when he parked infront of the hotel. He woke her up and they went inside to check in. But, the manager told him that due to some unprecedented issue with the hotel plumbing, they had to cancel all bookings. Virat got really pissed at the manager as he did not get any pre information. But later realised that he did get a mail the previous night informing him about the cancellation of both the rooms

"What the hell? I was supposed to come here today and you sent a mail yesterday night?"

"We are very sorry, sir. The issue started yesterday itself and we thought it would be dealt with. We informed everyone as soon as it became clear it would take a few days."

"Such lack of professionalism from a lux-"

"Sir, let it be please. We can go somewhere else." , Amruta saw how worked up Virat was getting and tried to calm him down.

"No. I don't care what the problem is. We will stay here.", he said sternly, looked at the manager & said, "You would arrange two rooms for us here or you would loose your job. I promise you I can make it happen."

Amruta saw the color drain from the manager's face as he did not understand how to handle the situation now. Amruta was seeing this side of Virat for the second time after the spat he had with the auto driver the first time they met. She found herself getting angry just like the last time. But she controlled herself.

"Please sir, can we just go somewhere else? Please."

Virat must have sensed the desperation in her voice and agreed. There was another hotel he had seen a few metres from this one. It looked as good as this one so he assumed it would be luxury hotel too.  Once parked in its driveway, they headed inside. He was really tired and wanted to lie down as soon as possible. But, there was still a little problem.

"We are very sorry, sir. We have only one suite available at the moment."

"Can you check if anyone is supposed to check out today?"

"No, sir. We are fully booked till 3 days."

"It's okay. We will stay in the same room", Amruta said.

Virat looked at her her, "Are you sure? We can get two rooms in another hotel."

"Stop being a prude. We are already sleeping in the same room back at the farmhouse."

Virat chucked on being called a prude. He only wanted two rooms because he thought she would be more comfortable.

They checked in to the hotel. The view from their suite was spectacular. The serene snow covered mountains were breathtaking and Amruta felt she could stare at them for hours. She went outside in the balcony and breathed in the pure air. Oh, how she wished she could stay here for a few more days after finalizing the deal and bask in the glory of the Himalayas. But, she could not say so to Virat. He was her boss, not her friend. And they were here on a business trip.