1. It's a Good day!

The cool summer morning breeze flew in through the window when the alarm set for 6:30 am rang off waking Amruta from her good night's sleep. She had a big day ahead at work & did not want to get late at any cost. She hurried off the bed to start her day. She lived with her mother & brother in a small but beatiful home in Gurgaon. Her parents were divorced and she has no contact with her father as he had cheated on her mother. Amruta Chitnis & her family lived in a 2 BHK flat that overlooked the huge penthouse in the next block. 

Amruta went ahead with her usual morning routine. Once, she had bathed & performed her Puja, she sat on her lounge chair in the balcony to enjoy her breakfast & tea alone as her mother & brother were in their village for a few days. She noticed a lot of commotion in the penthouse in the next block. The penthouse had been constructed just a couple months ago and has been vacant since. Judging by the current scenario, Amruta assumed the penthouse was getting ready for someone to shift into it. " Must be nice to be wealthy enough to afford something like that! Hope they are not your regular ultra-rich snobs", she thought to herself & finished her breakfast. 

By 8:30 am, she was ready to leave for work. She left around 8:45 am usually. But today, she wanted to reach a little ahead of time to go over all the preparations for the day. She sat in an auto, feeling excited about the day to come. The company she worked for had been acquired by another conglomorate and the new CEO would visit their office for the first time today & he was supposed to declare the heads of all departments- marketing, finance, operations & HR. Amruta was in the finance department and was working as an analyst currently. There were 46 employees in her department and she knew she deserved to be the head of her department. She had worked hard for it. Everyone, more or less, knew Amruta is the one for the position. The new position would come with a considerable hike in her salary and allow her to start a savings fund for her family, something she could not do now. 

She was busy in her thoughts when she saw the black Mercedes ahead of her suddenly coming to a halt. The auto driver pressed the brakes but it was too late, the auto hit the back of the Mercedes with a force and Amruta was jerked forward. Before she could process anything, a man got down from the car and came towards them. Although he was wearing sunglasses, the sulk on his face was clearly visible to Amruta. He was a very handsome man with refined dressing that accentuated his sharp features. 

He spoke angrily to driver, "Kya hai? Dekh k nahi chala sakte kya? Meri gaadi toot jati to!" ( Can't you see & drive? What if you broke my car) .  The poor driver was flabbergasted and scared. 

Before he could say anything, Amruta said in a loud voice, " Acha? Galti aapki thi and gussa is bechare pe nikal rahe hai. Ameer logon ko bas yahi aata hai" (Really? It was your mistake and now you blaming this poor man. That is all rich people know). 

The man was visibily angrier and took out his sunglasses saying, "Main tumse baat nahi kar raha hoon. Beech me na hi bolo to tumhare liye acha hai" (I am not talking to you. It is better for you to not infere" For a second Amruta found herself being lost in the deep & intense eyes that pierced her. She quickly controlled herself.

Amruta was not a aggressive person in general but she did not like being told what to do by self-entitled rich snobs. So she retaliated harder, "Dekhiye mujhe majboor mat kariye police  bulane k liye. Ek baar police yaha-". (Don't force me to call the cops. Once they arrive-) He cut her off & said, "Police? Tum police bulaogi? Zyada drama queen banne ki zarurat nahi hai. Mujhe late ho raha hai warna main bhi dekhta tum kya karti." ( You will call the police? No need to be a drama queen. I am running late or else I would have waited to see what you will do.)

The man stormed off to his car & drove away before Amruta could say anything. She was happy to see him go. He had already ruined her special day and she was happy she did not have to endure him anymore. She tried to divert her mind to the good things she was expecting to happen on that day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading. Please let me know your views on the first chapter. Suggestions are welcome. :)