Chapter 8: In the Flesh

I walk to the armory, knowing that I might die, the door might malfunction, the door might lock me in, the door might let out all of the spores and release Armageddon across the site, who knows.

I enter the armory after swiping my keycard and grab the gear awaiting and I grab one of the specialized rifles. I place on the gear and gas mask, I load the vest with some magazines for the rifle and some gas filters in case one of them breaks.

"Took you long enough" expressed Michael

"Well it's a long walk from the Control room to here" I chuckled,

"Just like old times Michael?" I asked

"Just like old times" he answered

His team came out through the elevator at the other side of the room with gear already on. They looked ready. I on the other hand wasn't. It had been 2 years since my last CQC (Close Quarter Combat), indoor shooting practice, or even containing SCP which I forgot some, so naturally I was nervous.

We walked out and started walking through the empty hallways of the site due to all the staff being in Breach Shelters.
"Alright, my friend here will be going into 610's lab to contain and take out the spores, our objective is to help him with taking out the flesh monsters there," he was briefing his men on the situation.

"The lab of 610 is quite large, so expect a lot of em," I expressed, although I felt embarrassed. I scanned my keycard at the CON-E checkpoint and they allowed us to pass.

"Alright you're good, godspeed y'all,"

"You too," says Michaell.

We were walking, walking to a room full of spores, full of meat monsters that will tear open my skull. But, we had a rifle in our hands, and a will to live, meaning we could fight.

I looked around and saw a few cool SCP like 096, 457, and 049. I was quite interested in specifically the Euclid SCP as they are more accessible than the Keter. There was no Apollyon or Thaumiel class SCP in the site as the site was too filled and small to have contained these SCP here too.

There it is, the CON-K checkpoint, we walk in.

"You guys must be the QRF sent by the site director himself?"

"Affirmative," says Michael.

"You are the scientist containing 610?" the guard says whilst looking at me.

"Yeah, it should be easy I think," I think because the flesh monsters will be a problem

"Well it won't, the Automated Security System SCP also shut off power for the lab and decontamination chamber, the only thing turned on is the doors. Be careful because the O2 levels in the room dropped, if you take off your gas mask you'll suffocate to death if 610 doesn't get to you first," exclaims the guard.

"Well crap,"

"We'll be back" says Michael.

We walk off through the door into the large massive hallways holding SCP until we reach SCP-610.

SCP-610

CLASS OBJECT: KETER

BIOHAZARD WARNING ☣

I scanned the keycard and the door opened, we walked into the massive room filled with automated sprinklers and drying systems. Something is banging on the door.
"Well there is SCP-610-1's" I joke

"Dang right,"

"Ready?" I ask.

"Ready." Michael responds