Unraveled

I had just woken up from a crazy and terrible nightmare. I had just dreamed about Ryan being in my room and talking with me. And suddenly he was about to do something both of us would regret. I'm not gonna talk about it anymore. I went downstairs to make breakfast, although I hadn't forgotten what had happened last night. I saw my mum sitting at the dining table and when I entered the room she looked at me like I had murdered someone. Well practically, I wasn't all innocent considering last night's situation.

<<What the hell, Charlotte?>>, said my mum. I had actually never seen her like that • so upset.

<<I suppose you're talking about last night?>>

<<Of course I am, Charlotte. Look what you've done! What if she comes back and destroys our precious family? You don't get to do that, you are not an adult and you definitely have no right to knock out someone like that. What were you thinking seriously? I can't believe you did that, look how upset you made me feel. What about your dad and sister, huh? What do you think their first impression of you would be? I really don't know what to say Charlotte, you've probably crossed the line>>

Tears were already running down my cheeks  and when she said her last word, I immediately went back to my room and locked myself in. I really didn't know what had gotten into her but I somehow felt scared. Not scared of her. Scared of me. * I wasn't afraid of her, I actually was afraid of me. Yeah, I've said that before for Katelyn but now it's not the same. This is my actual mother and I've never felt like this with her before. I understand she may be upset and all that but I didn't expect her to act like that. That's why I got so confused. This was so sudden for me. I'm not used to seeing her like this. She must worry a lot about loosing me or even her family again and I get that. However, I feel a little hurt from what she said to me, but I'm sure she didn't mean any of this. But what if she did? Will my dad and sister actually be disappointed in me too?

While I was about to sleep after hours of crying I heard a noise like someone was trying to break in my room. I immediately grabbed my heavy lamp and armed it behind my head. What I'm about to tell you is not going to seem believable to you. A man was climbing up my window and apparently got into my room. But it wasn't just any man. Well you know how this is gonna go. And don't think that this is like one of those cute rom-coms, trust me it feels nothing like that in reality. Believe me or not, I didn't even want that to happen in the moment because I was a mess. I was wearing my pjs, my hair was a mess and mascara from the previous day was running down my cheecks. I had to deal with him anyway.

<<What.the.fuck.do.you.think.you.are.doing?>>

<<Good afternoon to you too>>

<<Not since you came>>

<<Oh come one, don't be like that>>

<<Like what? You mean treating you like a bitch, never responding to your messages and calls and completely ignoring you?>>

<<I wouldn't personally call you that, but what works best for you>>

<<Yeah okay, bullshit. What do you want from my life? Don't actually answer that, I'm gonna throw up!>>

<<I wasn't gonna say what you thought I was, unless you want me to>>

<<Never>>

<<I did not come here to waste my time you know>>

<<Do you think I'm a waste of time?>>

<<I never fucking said that. God, you're unbelievable>>

<<I'll take that as a compliment. Now tell me how the fuck did you manage to find my house>>